Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Lengths Hair Extensions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

cactusgal wrote: »
    No, they were heat-applied to my own hair. Keratin bonds + heat application = extensions that are glued on. It was my first set and I didn't know any better. I'm very careful with my hair and would never apply heat to the bonds myself, that would be madness.

Learned my lesson though, no more heat application or keratin bonded extensions!

Ah sorry my mistake!

You'll have to forgive me here but I'm a bit confused. That bad experience you described above. What extentions were they and who did them for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Pink11 wrote: »
    Ah sorry my mistake!

You'll have to forgive me here but I'm a bit confused. That bad experience you described above. What extentions were they and who did them for you?

No bother, it was several years ago, when I was living in New Zealand ... I googled the place recently and it's now closed down. They (the extensions) were pre bonded human hair keratin extensions. Live and learn! Glad you are happy with your extensions, I hate having thin hair, it's such a nice feeling to have long, swishy hair that you can style!

cactusgal wrote: »
    No bother, it was several years ago, when I was living in New Zealand ... I googled the place recently and it's now closed down. They (the extensions) were pre bonded human hair keratin extensions. Live and learn! Glad you are happy with your extensions, I hate having thin hair, it's such a nice feeling to have long, swishy hair that you can style!

So scary having a bad experience. It was my fear! Spent a long time researching this and happy with my results so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Pink11 could you PM me before and after pics? Can't seem to send you PMs.

Sorry to you or anyone who tried to PM me, my settings had them disabled for some reason. I am able to PM them to you now. Anyone else want them?

• Advertisement

Hey did you get my message? I'm not sure if it sent or not? Can't see it in my sent items?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nessonline

where did you end up getting your extensions Pink11?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rachelmcg

Sorry for bumping an old thread!

Just made an appointment for a full head (6 packets of 40cm) of gold fever extensions.. costing €840.. eek!

Appointment for next friday, Im actually quite nervous! Ive never spent this much money on myself.

Ive read lots of blogs etc, some people say they last 4 months, some say 8 months.

Id be interested to hear anyones opinions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

rachelmcg wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping an old thread!

Just made an appointment for a full head (6 packets of 40cm) of gold fever extensions.. costing €840.. eek!

Appointment for next friday, Im actually quite nervous! Ive never spent this much money on myself.

Ive read lots of blogs etc, some people say they last 4 months, some say 8 months.

Id be interested to hear anyones opinions :)

it depends entirely on how well you look after them and I think the quality of your own hair., how well they are applied definitely helps too Back when my hair was damaged I would get 3 months max before they would start coming out and have to be removed, I'm now on month 6 with my current set.

Make every effort to stop them from matting as often as you can and I find letting them dry naturally as often as possible helps keep the quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rachelmcg

222233 wrote: »
    it depends entirely on how well you look after them and I think the quality of your own hair., how well they are applied definitely helps too Back when my hair was damaged I would get 3 months max before they would start coming out and have to be removed, I'm now on month 6 with my current set.

Make every effort to stop them from matting as often as you can and I find letting them dry naturally as often as possible helps keep the quality too.

Thanks for the reply. I've read a lot of people saying that they have to blow dry the bonds. Do you blow dry and let the rest of the hair dry naturally?

Would styling them a lot affect how long they last? I've never had extensions before, Im guessing pulling them with a brush while blow drying might weaken them over time. I just want to get as long as possible considering the price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Thanks for the reply. I've read a lot of people saying that they have to blow dry the bonds. Do you blow dry and let the rest of the hair dry naturally?

They will tell you for certain where your getting them done and even though it's a pain in the ass, dry them, brush them and sleep on them exactly as they advise, I would even go as far as saying buy the great lengths paddle brush if it's great lengths your getting. For the last set I had in I used to have to go through them with my hands for about 30 mins a day to make sure they didn't mat, it was so annoying but they lasted so much longer, they will literally tell you exactly how to care for them on the day though!

For some brands, you need to blast dry the bonds, drying them is annoying no matter what extensions you have in. You can use a hair dryer on the hair but they generally advise you let them dry naturally, but times come when you do have to use the hairdryer it doesn't do immense damage but a lot of use would probably damage the bonds and the hair!
    Would styling them a lot affect how long they last? I've never had extensions before, Im guessing pulling them with a brush while blow drying might weaken them over time. I just want to get as long as possible considering the price!

In terms of damage I have found they pretty much respond to styling a bit better but similar to natural hair, after a lot of curling the ends for example can get snuggled, I have been styling the set I have in every second day roughly and they have taken to it fine.

I never find that hair extensions hold styling as well as you would think, the hair is really fine and silky but for instance with curls I would get 2 days. I'm not sure if the shampoo and conditioner will be included with your extensions but when your spending so much money if the hairdressers where you are getting them done recommend a particular brand for the extensions I definitely recommend buying it, it's well worth it. I ran out and started using a shop shelf brand and I could instantly see the ends starting to dry out.

Follow their instructions and you will be fine, but be warned it's an expensive addiction - once you get them once you'll probably want them again (unless you find them annoying or hate them). Enjoy your new mane ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 emer28

Hi,

Has anyone experienced discomfort and headache with gold fever hair extensions . I only have them in a week . I have worn other types of hair extensions before and have only experienced discomfort for a few days

Advertisement