Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flyrod section replacement / repair

Options
  • 28-04-2015 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi all. Managed to break top section of my 11' 7 hardy demon today. Have any of you any experience of dealing with hardy / greys for replacement or repairs or are there any outlets in ireland offering a rod repair service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Go to Greys/Hardys website and enter in the details on the rod, they are very quick to respond to queries around broken rod sections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

Demon is discontinued so I'd expect replacements to be hard to get

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bluezulu49

rpmcmurphy wrote: »
    Hi all. Managed to break top section of my 11' 7 hardy demon today. Have any of you any experience of dealing with hardy / greys for replacement or repairs or are there any outlets in ireland offering a rod repair service?

The tip of my 1994 Ultralite has been broken twice and on both occasions Hardy has provided me with a new tip section. On the last occasion as far as I remember I had to send the butt section back to Hardy and they made a new tip to fit. It cost in the region of £75.
    The last time this happened the rod was about 15 years old and discontinued.

If I were you I would ring Hardy on 0044 1665 602 771 + option 2 and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

Thanks guys. i will contact them and let you know how i fare out.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

Your best bet is pat Nolan in Nenagh , if you look up premier angling and give him a bell , could be very expensive 😭

• Advertisement
Advertisement