Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about fraud

Options
  • 28-04-2015 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I had an incident a couple of months ago where I reversed into a car behind me. I damaged the bonnet and it went through my insurance which was fine. I paid back the 750 euro to liberty insurance as I didn't want to to effect my no claims bonus. The car I damaged was deemed as 'written off'. However, I have seen the car since and the driver has not fixed the bonnet and is still driving it around. I'm just wondering if it's legal to drive a written off car? Just frustrating when you have to pay the money and they don't even fix the damage!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Eesur wrote: »
    I had an incident a couple of months ago where I reversed into a car behind me. I damaged the bonnet and it went through my insurance which was fine. I paid back the 750 euro to liberty insurance as I didn't want to to effect my no claims bonus. The car I damaged was deemed as 'written off'. However, I have seen the car since and the driver has not fixed the bonnet and is still driving it around. I'm just wondering if it's legal to drive a written off car? Just frustrating when you have to pay the money and they don't even fix the damage!

Hi Eesur
    In some circumstances you may be able to drive a vehicle that has been written off. It would depend though on what category of write off the vehicle has been declared as.
    Regards
    Seán

Advertisement