Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new rap song (MC Lynchy DISS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Is it meant to be a parody?

Why do you put on an American accent?

Why do you use non-native lingo?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ARMATHERAPPER

Nope.

On second thoughts, I don't think it is a faux American accent, its some weird made up sounding accent.

The track is pathetic.

I don't put on any accent it's just the way I rap and I don't like the Irish lingo, because its not really that great for Hip-Hop and sounds terrible.

No offense intended for anyone by the way by say it's terrible it's just doesn't suit with hip-hop whatsover, it might suit in Ireland but if a person wants to be world known then i dont think it will work, not many Irish people went world famous in Hip-hop well from what i know.

• Advertisement

You do put on an accent. Using lingo that you've only ever heard in movies and American rap makes you sound like an idiot. There's plenty of Irish MCs that rap in their own accent and use common Irish lingo and sound great.

What do you expect if the only thing I listen to is American hip-hop because Irish hip-hop ain't good enough for me, by the way I'm not Irish so I'm not trying to change my accent from Irish to American if you were thinking that.

Where are you from then? You're not good enough for Irish Hip Hop. or any Hip hop for that matter. Your track is awful, it has no flow, you stutter to try and make your words fit the bars. there's no passion in your voice and your lyrics are juvenile at best.

I'm Lithuanian, and all of that is your opinion which is great and I might take in consideration some things you are saying and improve.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There comes times when 'new' rappers come on here and I normally have to dish out lines such as 'you can't rap', 'stop rapping'.
    There are other times where I have to tell them to learn how to rhyme over a beat, know where the end of a line is, stop dragging words to try get to the end of a bar.
    It's not the case here. You know the structures and fitting a line to a bar.

But I do have problems with the song. The beat is garbage, that synth sounds like it was done on a fisher price toy. Not sure where you got it from, but pick better beats.
    Secondly, if you are going to diss someone, really diss them. Calling them a 'ho' is not really good enough. If that song was made about me (I dont rap) I would laugh it off and come back with something that would destroy you. Beef finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

I read the comments before i listened to the track so I was expecting complete ****. I was really surprised. There's nothing wrong with your flow, considering your a beginner. There's loads to be pleased about. Well done. I like the accent, the mix of lithuanian and english really works for me. I agree that the beats could be better. There's lots of free beats by decent (irish) producers up on soundcloud. Go have a look around and email them to ask permission to use them. Once they get a credit some of the younger ones would be delighted for you to use their music.
    Anyway, well done. Keep practicing.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback, I will keep improving and i'll start picking better beats, this beat which I chose was a quick choice to make a quick track and that's it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I read the comments before i listened to the track so I was expecting complete ****. I was really surprised. There's nothing wrong with your flow, considering your a beginner. There's loads to be pleased about. Well done. I like the accent, the mix of lithuanian and english really works for me. I agree that the beats could be better. There's lots of free beats by decent (irish) producers up on soundcloud. Go have a look around and email them to ask permission to use them. Once they get a credit some of the younger ones would be delighted for you to use their music.
    Anyway, well done. Keep practicing.

just stumbled into this thread. I am the same. Read the comments and expected something really stupid but it wasnt bad at all. Fair play op. Far from patethic. Which was overly harsh

jonny666 wrote: »
    just stumbled into this thread. I am the same. Read the comments and expected something really stupid but it wasnt bad at all. Fair play op. Far from patethic. Which was overly harsh

Thank you sir :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Not a bad flow for a beginner at all, as boom bap said

One major point and take this on board..stay away from trends in hip hop...Clearly that beat is structured around the style of music that DJ Mustard produces

This style of production is just a moment in hip hop and it will most definatley pass, also that stuff is based around club music, thats not the setting you'd want for a diss track, think more along the lines of shook ones pt 2 by mobb deep as one such example

Go for beats that have a more timeless sound, if you listen to hip hop at all you'll know what i mean, keep at it and you will get better!

And to the guy trying to call it idiotic...no! his voice alone sounds far better than many irish rappers who have came and went...dont hate on a person just because you think you must be attatched to a country in order to use certain terms, that concept itself is idiotic

we are a multu cultural nation, not everyone wants to hear rhymes like

" i was sitting on my hole in the cold after getting my dole, hopped in the car with gar to get a breakfast roll"

As i said we are a multicultural nation, so i suggest perhaps opening your mind to that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Who is MC Lynchy and what did he ever do to you ? :)

pone2012 wrote: »
    Not a bad flow for a beginner at all, as boom bap said

One major point and take this on board..stay away from trends in hip hop...Clearly that beat is structured around the style of music that DJ Mustard produces

This style of production is just a moment in hip hop and it will most definatley pass, also that stuff is based around club music, thats not the setting you'd want for a diss track, think more along the lines of shook ones pt 2 by mobb deep as one such example

Go for beats that have a more timeless sound, if you listen to hip hop at all you'll know what i mean, keep at it and you will get better!

And to the guy trying to call it idiotic...no! his voice alone sounds far better than many irish rappers who have came and went...dont hate on a person just because you think you must be attatched to a country in order to use certain terms, that concept itself is idiotic

we are a multu cultural nation, not everyone wants to hear rhymes like

" i was sitting on my hole in the cold after getting my dole, hopped in the car with gar to get a breakfast roll"

As i said we are a multicultural nation, so i suggest perhaps opening your mind to that

Thanks for the feedback, next time I will be using a different beat, I used this one because I seen the person I was dissing using it so I thought why not, but yah the beat is not really fit for it. Thanks again.

tossy wrote: »

He's some MC from Limerick that's blowing up right now, so I dissed him to get more exposure for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

tossy wrote: »

Oh dear lord....this is embarassing:eek:

Save yourself the bother of dissing this one, his existence itself is a joke:eek:

It's all for the views haha gotta try get recognized.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihavenoname3

No offense intended for anyone by the way by say it's terrible it's just doesn't suit with hip-hop whatsover, it might suit in Ireland but if a person wants to be world known then i dont think it will work, not many Irish people went world famous in Hip-hop well from what i know.

Tell that to Rob Kelly, you probably don't even know who he is? hes an Irish rapper, the best by miles, hes known outside Ireland, has done songs with memphis bleek, reef da lost cauze, Slaine, been on fire in the booth, been in xxl magazine.

raps in an Irish accent, and made a great diss song about a Dublin rap group urban intelligence and murdered them on it, some genius lines in it.

Advertisement