Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seed Saving garden group

Options
  • 28-04-2015 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi all looking to set up a seed savings / garden group on the Dublin north side glasnevin area. To share knowledge, material ,seeds, tools and anything else.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm in glasnevin and we've a few plants surplus to requirements, so would probably be interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

I'm in Cabra!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

Wow great response I was expecting no one .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there is a glasnevin horticultural society too.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

there is a glasnevin horticultural society too.

Do they have a website? Is it based at Botanic Gardens or is it separate?

• Advertisement

iainBB wrote: »
    Hi all looking to set up a seed savings / garden group on the Dublin north side glasnevin area. To share knowledge, material ,seeds, tools and anything else.

Sounds great. I'd be interested and am in the area

You could change the thread title to include glasnevin as I didn't click on it for ages thinking it was a national group.

It could be getting late now but I have two plants I need to get rid of soon.

1) Chinese Witch Hazel’ (Loropetalum Firedance ) - It was gotten three years ago from Mr Middleton.

2) Stipa gigantea

I live in Cabra, Dublin 7. Any takers would be welcome, otherwise they're getting the chop.

Well .. where do we go from here. I have lots plants and seed to share.

i will probably take photos of a few plants we have spare, and stick them up here.

• Advertisement

Well .. where do we go from here. .

I dunno - maybe don't think about it too much otherwise will be like the centipede who is running along nicely and then freezes when asked what leg does he move first;)

I reckon lets throw up the names of plants and seeds and then see where it goes from there.

I also have some little alpine violets which self seed here and there, some spare outdoor cucumber seeds :)

I have 2 small euonymous if anyone wants them (not sure which variety they are as they came in a window box with no label). They could be Canadale Gold.
    They are approx 6 inches tall.

i have these - can't remember what the first is called, and the second photo is two hollies, a hawthorn and a scots pine.
    the first is a bit more silvery than appears in the pic; i'll have another look tomorrow to see if there's still a label on it.
    we also have loads of purple cow parsley seedlings, and polemonium seedlings. plus at least two birch seedlings.

347882.jpg

347883.jpg

I have some extra runners beans plants or seeds if anyone is interested.

Advertisement