Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast near Heuston station.

Options
  • 28-04-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

As above, looking to get a nice breakfast around 8am Friday before getting a train. Heard good things about Junos before but believe it's now closed, any other options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

There's very little near Heuston. If you're in town beforehand you might as well eat somewhere there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

There's nowhere decent around Heuston. I'd steer well clear on the galway hooker in Heuston too. Food is poor. Get something in town I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Coming from Terenure in a taxi, nowhere around here open early enough though. Right pain really!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hilton hotel in kilmainham.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Aisling hotel across the sniffy liffey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Bo Derrols in Smithfield used to do a fine breakfast washed down with a lovely pint of Guinness. I used to love the night shift!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Coming from Terenure in a taxi, nowhere around here open early enough though. Right pain really!
    The Black Apple and The Brickhouse are open early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

There is a cafe called U Cafe just on James Street and is a short walk away along the Luas line. No idea if its good, but it is open at that time in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Oscars in Smithfield Square (beside the Lighthouse cinema) does breakfast and it is fantastic - it is the best I have had in the area:
    http://www.oscarssmithfield.com/breakfast/

Wuff on the corner of Benburb St. and Blackhall Place does a very decent breakfast (albeit with no white pudding... boo!) and apparently opens at 8am. Their veggie sausages are lovely (and I *never* thought I would say such a sentence).
    http://www.wuff.ie/menus.html

Third Space in Smithfield Square does breakfast and I have heard both good and bad about it but never tried it myself.

All three places are close to Heuston, and to Smithfield / Museum Luas stops if you're feeling lazy or have heavy luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Aisling hotel across the sniffy liffey

I concur with that , I have on occasion had breakfast there before the train

Not exactly cheap , but you can get a serious feed , and a few of the pastrys can fall into your bag to have with a cup of tea later

Go hungry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,725 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

As above, looking to get a nice breakfast around 8am Friday before getting a train. Heard good things about Junos before but believe it's now closed, any other options?

Just bear in mind that, on Friday next, at the moment there are likely to be no buses operating in Dublin due to strike action, so that may limit your choices.

There is however a full breakfast served on the 07:00 Heuston-Cork train, which I can vouch for as being delicious, if you're travelling in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Oscars in Smithfield Square (beside the Lighthouse cinema) does breakfast and it is fantastic - it is the best I have had in the area:
    http://www.oscarssmithfield.com/breakfast/

Wuff on the corner of Benburb St. and Blackhall Place does a very decent breakfast (albeit with no white pudding... boo!) and apparently opens at 8am. Their veggie sausages are lovely (and I *never* thought I would say such a sentence).
    http://www.wuff.ie/menus.html

+1 on both of these. Oscars is lovely for breakfast, and I'm a massive fan of their chicken wings also!

Wuff is also a great spot.
    Third Space in Smithfield Square does breakfast and I have heard both good and bad about it but never tried it myself.

Third Space has really gone downhill lately, bog standard breakfasts that have been sitting under heatlamps so long the waiters can't even hold the bloody plate. Their pancakes were so bad it actually made me angry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

Maldesu wrote: »
    There is a cafe called U Cafe just on James Street and is a short walk away along the Luas line. No idea if its good, but it is open at that time in the morning.

I suggest U Cafe too, their muffins are really good. Coffees etc... in the average I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Bo Derrols in Smithfield used to do a fine breakfast washed down with a lovely pint of Guinness. I used to love the night shift!

Where's that? Never heard of the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Is Supermacs' Full Breakfast not good enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

A lot of the places mentioned are nowhere within walking distance of Heuston, especially on a full belly!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bluesteel

On Parkgate St there's Berrylane Cafe (near the corner - close to the Courts) - walking distance or Aisling Hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

dixiefly wrote: »
    Where's that? Never heard of the place.

I'm showing my age now. It used to be an early house pub, I suppose in the 90s. Obviously gone now if no one has heard of it. I should get back to Dublin more often. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    I'm showing my age now. It used to be an early house pub, I suppose in the 90s. Obviously gone now if no one has heard of it. I should get back to Dublin more often. :-(

It's now the Cobblestone

Aard wrote: »
    A lot of the places mentioned are nowhere within walking distance of Heuston, especially on a full belly!

Any of the places in or around Smithfield are within easy walking distance of Heuston for any able-bodied person.

A couple of places were mentioned around Harold's Cross, presumably with the intent of going there before actually heading towards Heuston at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

maximoose wrote: »
    +1 on both of these. Oscars is lovely for breakfast, and I'm a massive fan of their chicken wings also:

Sorry for going off topic but their wings were weak. Inferno my arse.
    Also breakfast on the 7:00 is pretty pricey and its not all that. For the price I'd go the aisling.

Thanks for all the suggestions people, great feedback.

Went to Wuff, full Irish was great, top quality ingredients and lovely staff.

Thanks for all the suggestions people, great feedback.

Went to Wuff, full Irish was great, top quality ingredients and lovely staff.

Was it one of the biggest sausages you ever saw? Well, in terms of length it's probably only a bit above average, but the girth... The breakfast in there is lovely but suffers from what seems to be a bit of a Dublin thing - no white pudding!

Yeah big thick pork and leek sausage, delicious. Would have preferred one black and one white pudding alright but double serving of the black made up for it at least

Advertisement