Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malin To Mizen - Official route

Options
  • 28-04-2015 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping to run Malin to Mizen for charity sometime next year. From browsing around the net there seems to a number of routes. Does anyone know of an official route I could follow?? Also any pointers or tips would be great..if you know of anyone who has attempted or completed this route I would love to get in touch with them.

My background is fairly limited, I've run 5 marathons to date, I'm a 4hr Marathon runner and I'm more designed for endurance then speed. So I'll be hoping to get through it in 12-15 days kind of timescale.

I'm only in the planning stage at the moment so any help would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Have google of mimi rogers malin to mizen record run,she was the last lady to do it,she is quite a nice lady and am sure she wud help you out,from or own shores, boardsie hunny monster has done it and richard donavan has done it ,although it was a few years ago and new roads may have been built since then,both would also be very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I presume that's Mimi Anderson you're talking about.

There is no official route - it's up to the runner to decide on the best roads. Check out the wikipedia page, there are a few links at the bottom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malin_to_Mizen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

you could drop Alex O'Shea a line on facebook, search for Challenge Alex. He is the fireman who broke the record for a marathon in full fire gear last Summer (Cork city marathon) and he is planning on having a stab at that Malin to Mizen record later this summer.

He's a sound lad and would answer any questions you may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chatterbox

Great thanks for the information.. I'll contact Alex. He might have already done his research regarding route and best roads etc.. I might be to high jack some of his research :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

chatterbox wrote: »
    Great thanks for the information.. I'll contact Alex. He might have already done his research regarding route and best roads etc.. I might be to high jack some of his research :)

Alex is running it in sept this year I think he said to me. He is going for the record so he would defo be going the fastest route.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Thinking of doing the same next year or maybe next. There's not much info out there on running m2m but plenty on cycling the route (just search on boards for a start). Presume the cyclist would take the fastest route too so check out some of the cycling routes.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement