Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joni Mitchell

Options
  • 28-04-2015 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

I've just heard that Joni Mitchell has fallen into 'an irreversible coma'. I was aware she was very unwell lately - but this looks like it.

I regard her 'Blue' album as a masterpiece and among the best I've ever had the pleasure of hearing.

In terms of current international grieving, this little story pales into insignificance, I realise fully. However, I feel a little saddened tonight with this news.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

From her website:

Leslie Morris, who is with Joni in the hospital, has approved the following statement to be made through JoniMitchell.com: "Contrary to rumors circulating on the Internet today, Joni is not in a coma. Joni is still in the hospital - but she comprehends, she’s alert, and she has her full senses. A full recovery is expected. The document obtained by a certain media outlet simply gives her longtime friend Leslie Morris the authority - in the absence of 24-hour doctor care - to make care decisions for Joni once she leaves the hospital. As we all know, Joni is a strong-willed woman and is nowhere near giving up the fight. Please continue to keep Joni in your thoughts."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Hopefully she will make a full recovery.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I also hope that Joni will make a full recovery. Joni is a visual artist first and foremost - her music is secondary to her art. She is a national treasure. Blue is a masterpiece and Court & Spark is excellent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Zxclnic

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I also hope that Joni will make a full recovery. Joni is a visual artist first and foremost - her music is secondary to her art. She is a national treasure. Blue is a masterpiece and Court & Spark is excellent too.

She may well want her music to be secondary to her visual art, but saying so doesn't make it so.
    She will always be loved and respected, by most people on hearing her name, for her obvious genius - if there is such a thing - as a melodist, lyricist and sublime vocalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A very sad update on Joni Mitchell's condition, courtesy of David Crosby, via the BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33303234
    David Crosby: Joni Mitchell unable to speak after aneurysm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Amalgam wrote: »
    A very sad update on Joni Mitchell's condition, courtesy of David Crosby, via the BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33303234

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed.....!!

Advertisement