Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Website for building

Options
  • 29-04-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey guys. So I'm going to be building a PC, I've got all the parts and all that so now all I need is a cheap enough website to order these parts. I was going to get it from the UK on Amazon but the exchange rate of the Euro to Pound is screwing me over. I've looked for some websites and found a few, but some of them have a very badly layout and I can never find the parts I want or it's just a complete rip-off.

So if you guys could maybe list some good websites where I can buy from in Ireland / Europe (so the exchange rate doesn't screw me over) that would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I get a load of stuff from http://www.hardwareversand.de

The site isn't too bad to be fair. Just ensure you click the english flag so it's not all in German :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Matt776

Cheers for that man :) And it can be trusted of course? Also, how long does it usually take for items to be delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yeah. Lots of people here use it as well.

Usually takes a few days for payment to go through. I think shipping is 5 days. Few people are saying UPS delivers. Do bank transfer, as Paypal costs 3% of total order. Flat rate of €30 for shipping (although other sites do free shipping, HWV still usually works out cheaper).

They used to have a "fast payment" option, which I think was an extra €20, but I don't think they do it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

put your order for hardwareversand through https://geizhals.at/ to get further discounts and don't buy a keyboard as it will be a German layout

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

out of interest does that german site do all the items from their own WH or is it more like amazon type,different sellers on most items so cant get bundles together.

scan.co.uk comes to mind-but they are in pounds and even thou some stuff can be quite cheap and fast delivery,but not much different than say amazon.

also make sure about warranties and returns,as its worst part to deal with when one component is down and you need to return it-that's where amazon is always coming on top when such issues arise early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Their own warehouse. There's warranties but I dunno how long they are, and they're good, but slow for sorting out returns and issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

How about Mindfactory.de? about to take the plunge on an order, most likely next week as I'm still 50-100 short. And was thinking of ordering with them, Prices are very similar but in some cases slightly cheaper than Hwvs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

I used mindfactory many years ago without problems so I would presume they are still ok

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Lovely! Thanks

Advertisement