Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitor signal gone

Options
  • 29-04-2015 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi all. My lg ips225 stop working this morning. I've tried 2 different type cables, reseated the graphics card, cleaned the ram, lifted the cmos battery. The graphics card is a msi 210 1gb.
    The monitor is on and blinking so there is power and in the monitor setup I only have dual and input available options, no menu,mode or auto.
    Any thoughts please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

almorris wrote: »
    Hi all. My lg ips225 stop working this morning. I've tried 2 different type cables, reseated the graphics card, cleaned the ram, lifted the cmos battery. The graphics card is a msi 210 1gb.
    The monitor is on and blinking so there is power and in the monitor setup I only have dual and input available options, no menu,mode or auto.
    Any thoughts please?

Do you have integrated graphics you could try?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Do you have integrated graphics you could try?

Ni I don't. The Mb has no vga outlet. I'm thinking it's the graphics card. It's only an El cheapo as the pc is primarily for photoshop. But it is only 8 odd months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Ni I don't. The Mb has no vga outlet. I'm thinking it's the graphics card. It's only an El cheapo as the pc is primarily for photoshop. But it is only 8 odd months old.

You could try connecting it up to a tv if you have one with hdmi?

Lu Tze wrote: »
    You could try connecting it up to a tv if you have one with hdmi?

Working fine as dual monitor off a laptop. Thanks for that idea.

Working fine as dual monitor off a laptop. Thanks for that idea.

So I'm thinking it's the graphics card borked. Anyone any thoughts on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

So I'm thinking it's the graphics card borked. Anyone any thoughts on this?

Yes hit adverts.

Don't need anything fancy

Advertisement