Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bollocks - Dropped it

• 29-04-2015 9:18am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Gutted. Taking a shortcut into a car park - there was grease on the ground from the bins and the bike just fell from under me. I walked away no bother - but a fair bit of damage. Clutch lever snapped, cracked fairing and big scratch at the back. Not going to be cheap to fix!
    tUaeZK1.jpg
    jPsijJD.jpg
    s27Mdm6.jpg

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Ouch! Something like this happenedto me years ago, trying to mount a sloped footpath, wheel got stuck in path lip, flipped me off in front of about 20 people...
    Do you have crash bungs? Best add-on ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Ah no, that's a pain in the ar$e, I know its a bit of a cliché but at least you're not injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

ah cr@p. that's rotten luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Ahh thats piss poor luck colly, may all your bad luck go with it. Gonn be a hit to the pocket for sure....especially that fairing.

Really sorry to see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Nasty. Very sorry.

I thought I was the only one who drops their bike.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

That's crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

I feel your pain, dropped mine few times. I had bobbins on mine so no damage each time. . They're well worth the investment especially on a new bike like yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

That sucks Zascar!

Paulw wrote: »
    Nasty. Very sorry.

I thought I was the only one who drops their bike.

Lol, me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cant believe you left it on its side to take pictures ya loon.....PICK IT UP!!!!

;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I know, lesson learnt, invest in crash bungs!
    It nearly broke my back lifting it up, serious lump of weight when on its side and the surface was slippy.
    What can I say I like to get photos of my f**k ups hahhah

I'm going to see what to do about getting new fairings or getting them fixed. Any pointers let me know. Also snapped the clutch but I have levers I have not fitted yet.

Anyway main thing is I'm not hurt, only my pride is bruised! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Man that sucks! Good call on the crash bungs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Dude, sorry to hear that. You should be able to get them repaired at a fraction of a cost of replacing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Ah no !! It hurts my eyes.

It so easily happens, so much beauty is easily ruined but it's never as easy to put it right!

Hopefully you will have Her good as new for the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭emo72

its a rite of passage we all drop them. dropped mine rolling it out of the garden. always a sickener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Awh, that's nasty.

At least it was when going slow and you did not hurt yourself.

I hate this moment when you feel it's going south and you realize you will not be able to do anything about it.

High speed crash, you do not really realize. Slow speed/stopped and you know it's too late/too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

It does happen, but thanks for sharing... it's a hazard I have never thought about, bin slime!

Saw a guy riding into a big tyre place in the UK with painted floor on wet day, dabbed the front brake and wallop, down he went.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Jaysus! hard luck man. Defo order yourself a nice set of R&G bungs for it. Imperative really on sports bikes..

Advertisement