Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should 50 yards of turf cost

Options
  • 29-04-2015 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi I am looking for 50 yards of turf in the kiltullagh\athenry area.
    how much would you expect to pay for it?
    i will be turning\footing it and bringing it home myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Do you know if the person selling the turf just has turbary rights on that bog under a Land COmmission Vesting Order or if s/he owns that land in fee simple?

If the former it may be against the terms of the vesting order to transfer the turbary rights. Those vesting orders usually provide that the turbary rights may only be exercised ( i.e. turf cut ) for domestic use in the original dwelling house on the holdings to which the turbary rights are attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

nuac wrote: »
    Do you know if the person selling the turf just has turbary rights on that bog under a Land COmmission Vesting Order or if s/he owns that land in fee simple?

If the former it may be against the terms of the vesting order to transfer the turbary rights. Those vesting orders usually provide that the turbary rights may only be exercised ( i.e. turf cut ) for domestic use in the original dwelling house on the holdings to which the turbary rights are attached.

Every year a minority of people sell turf in the bog. As far as I know, most of those people (and the buyers) don't contact a solicitor first.

I think the poster is asking how much 50 yards bought "on the spread" costs. I don't know the figure myself, but here is a similar thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056538693

Advertisement