Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Phone stalling a LOT

• 29-04-2015 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭

Anyone else having an issue with their Iphone 6 (latest update) stalling from time to time. It's happening me on an almost daily basis. Have to close an app or sit there waiting for it to respond. It's windows crap that we shouldn't have to deal with.

Just wondering if anyone else was having similar issues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Is it particular apps stalling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Varies tbh. No one main culprit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Have you tried closing all your apps and then holding the power and home button till it restarts the phones

Yep. Happened with the messages all just now. You start writing a sentence..it stalls...and then spits out the letters together a few seconds later. It's something you'd expect to see on a windows computer running too many programs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Happening to me since latest iOS update. Mostly chrome but a few things as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Happening to me since latest iOS update. Mostly chrome but a few things as well

ditto on an ipad. although that was on 8.2 - the whole thing froze in Chrome, nothing would work so had to do the reset.

Updated to 8.3 last night hoping that it would improve it but haven't used the ipad yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Has been happening to me on iphone & ipad while using chrome. Only noticed after update to 8.3 & only seems to happen when viewing boards.ie

Possibly purely coincidental but as far as I can make out it only happens (to my devices anyway) when the ad for Avonmore Protein Milk displays, resulting in chrome freezing as described by the OP.

Also, is the pathetically slow camera linked to this problem? Take a picture, a full 1.5 seconds later it takes the shot. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Don't know if it's related but I have a a couple of 5s phones that have similar symptoms to those described above (don't have chrome though). I was going to wipe them and set them up as new again (always worth doing every 12-18 months anyway) but maybe it is related to the last software update.

Advertisement