Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No broadband since 8am yesterday (North co Dublin)

Options
  • 29-04-2015 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

The DSL light not coming on on my modem. I've been in touch a few times and told the exchange is down but there is no fix time. 

Is there any update on this?

North Co Dublin / Dublin 13 area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

The DSL light not coming on on my modem. I've been in touch a few times and told the exchange is down but there is no fix time. 

Is there any update on this?

North Co Dublin / Dublin 13 area.
    Hi eviltimeban

There are no reported incidents in your area, I will request more information from technical support but can you confirm if you are still experiencing issues?

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Yes still happening. The support on the live chat said it was a problem with the area and not my connection or modem. He said they had been getting a lot of calls about it. So it must have been logged somewhere.
    Hi eviltimeban

There are no reported incidents in your area, I will request more information from technical support but can you confirm if you are still experiencing issues?

Thanks
    AL

Yes still happening. The support on the live chat said it was a problem with the area and not my connection or modem. He said they had been getting a lot of calls about it. So it must have been logged somewhere.
    Hi eviltimeban

Thanks
    AL
    Thanks for clarifying eviltimeban

I will request more information and get back to you as soon as I have some news

Cheers
    Al

It's back up now.

It's back up now.
    Thanks for updating me eviltimeban

Al

• Advertisement

This has dropped out again. I thought eFibre wasn't supposed to drop out?

There was an eircom engineer outside my house just there, I went out to him but he said what he was doing wouldn't have effected it. I'm not so sure, it literally dropped out when he arrived.

edit: the live chat operator told me the issue was with my line in particular. It had to have been the engineer outside, he must have fiddled with something! It literally dropped out as he had his head in the box.

I've been told 2 - 3 days for an engineer to fix, this is not good enough. That means no internet for the long weekend.

I'd like to find out who the engineer in the area was, and get him to come back. Can you assist with this?

It's come back on again. What's going on?

Hi eviltimeban

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing these issues. Would you like to PM me your tele no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Gone again. The actual line is dead; ie, there's no dial tone on the house phone.

Broadband / phone has been out all weekend, I have an engineer hopefully coming tomorrow afternoon, is there anything else to do?

• Advertisement

Broadband / phone has been out all weekend, I have an engineer hopefully coming tomorrow afternoon, is there anything else to do?
    Very sorry to hear this,

I see that  your case is indeed with engineers with an aimed resolution date scheduled for today, the reference number is 1828111. There is not anything further you need to dao but If I notice any further information I'll let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Hang on, they said it would be Wednesday afternoon, there won't be anyone there today to give access. Can you confirm?

Hang on, they said it would be Wednesday afternoon, there won't be anyone there today to give access. Can you confirm?
    Hi eviltimeban

There was a note of up to 24Hrs on this - although this is generally indicative/approximate. Specific details of arrangements with engineers take a while to show on the case notes but if Wednesday was previously arranged there will be nothing to worry about. I'll keep my eye on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

That's grand Al, thanks. I'm guessing that even if I'm not there they'll be able to fix it from outside, after all it was broken outside! :-)

That's grand Al, thanks. I'm guessing that even if I'm not there they'll be able to fix it from outside, after all it was broken outside! :-)
    That's correct eviltimeban - access to the home is rarely required In most cases which require technicians :)

Al

Hi Al, any way of checking if this is fixed?

Yes, I see that the latest notes advise repair works are in progress

This would normally suggest that the issues should be resolved today but until more notes are made I can't say for sure. I'll keep my eye on this for you eviltimeban

Al

Thanks Al. Appreciate it.

Thanks Al. Appreciate it.
    Happy to help :)

Al

Just had a call from the engineer to say this is fixed, the cable had been damaged outside. He said I have to get the speed turned back up again, can you do that? Or do I need to ring the tech support line?

• Advertisement

Just had a call from the engineer to say this is fixed, the cable had been damaged outside. He said I have to get the speed turned back up again, can you do that? Or do I need to ring the tech support line?
    Thanks for the update eviltimeban

Please contact technical support to arrange this - you can get them on free phone 1901 or WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Thanks, am waiting for the webchat now. Hopefully will get this finally sorted this evening!

Thanks, am waiting for the webchat now. Hopefully will get this finally sorted this evening!
    Let me know how it goes eviltimeban

Al

Sorted! Thanks Al. 

Now, just the matter of the 7 days I had no internet and how it affects my bill... :-)

Sorted! Thanks Al. 

Now, just the matter of the 7 days I had no internet and how it affects my bill... :-)
    Hi eviltimeban

The customer charter team will be able to help there, they can be contacted on free phone 1901,

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement