Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stub Hub - Tickets - Spurs v Man City

Options
  • 29-04-2015 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Thinking about going over to London Sat-Mon, and going to see the match against City.

I see on Stub Hub there is a few tickets going.

What is the procedure with this? Are they safe to buy from?

I see it says they have a place at WHL to collect tickets....

Also, another couple of points. Are you better flying into Gatwick, or Heathrow with Aer Lingus? Or Stanstead or Luton with Ryanair?

Finally, where is a good place to book a couple of nights stay near enough the stadium?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Stubhub is safe...just expensive.

Stanstead or Gatwick for me.

Gatwick Express takes you to Victoria which is on same tube line as Seven Sisters for WHL
    Stanstead - some trains stop in Totenham Hale which is about 30-40 mins walk from WHL

Though airport shouldnt matter if you are going to the match on the middle day

Personally wouldnt stay near the stadium...there are nicer places to stay and tube makes it easy to get around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Stubhub is grand, 100% safe and the prices for the fixture look reasonable enough.

As has been said, airport is not an issue if you are flying in on Saturday. I would just go with the best price you can get.

As regards to hotel again all depends on where you are flying into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Thanks for the replies guys.

Actually thinking of just doing a day trip now.

Arrive early in London, collect the tickets, see a few sights, back for the match, then fly home that night.

What are the flights like to London? Fairly grand and comfortable or?

Anyone ever done a day trip before to a match?

Do you collect the stubhub tickets at the stadium or off some individual?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

chops018 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Actually thinking of just doing a day trip now.

Arrive early in London, collect the tickets, see a few sights, back for the match, then fly home that night.

What are the flights like to London? Fairly grand and comfortable or?

Anyone ever done a day trip before to a match?

Do you collect the stubhub tickets at the stadium or off some individual?

Fly in and out of stansted. I am on 8.20 flight out and 8.15 flight back. I also have a spare ticket for the match for face value £55 if you are serious about going. It's in row 1 of park lane upr. Pm me tomorrow if you are going otherwise I need to shift ticket elsewhere. Flights will cost u about 106 at moment. Cheers

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Fly in and out of stansted. I am on 8.20 flight out and 8.15 flight back. I also have a spare ticket for the match for face value £55 if you are serious about going. It's in row 1 of park lane upr. Pm me tomorrow if you are going otherwise I need to shift ticket elsewhere. Flights will cost u about 106 at moment. Cheers

I would be looking for 2. Myself and the father. Thanks a lot for the offer though.

Wouldn't be the best flyer, so wondering is the London flight bumpy generally?

Are you going with Ryanair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

chops018 wrote: »
    I would be looking for 2. Myself and the father. Thanks a lot for the offer though.

Wouldn't be the best flyer, so wondering is the London flight bumpy generally?

Are you going with Ryanair?
    Flights are generally fine, normally not bumpy tbh. Yep with Ryanair. Stansted is just handy for ground. let me know if Defo going. I may be able to do something for 2 tickets together but will need to try and sort asap.

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Flights are generally fine, normally not bumpy tbh. Yep with Ryanair. Stansted is just handy for ground. let me know if Defo going. I may be able to do something for 2 tickets together but will need to try and sort asap.

Will do.

Thanks again!

Advertisement