Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question on door cylinder

Options
  • 29-04-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Just got the front door replaced and it has a ISEO door cylinder ( euro cylinder type I believe). How good is this brand?

Also another thing I've noticed is that the cylinder not flush with the door at the front, I wasn't around when the door was installed and they said this was ok as the cylinder is unbreakable. I find this hard to believe and should be changed. Am I right in thinking that all cylinders should be installed flush?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

vigos wrote: »
    Just got the front door replaced and it has a ISEO door cylinder ( euro cylinder type I believe). How good is this brand?

Also another thing I've noticed is that the cylinder not flush with the door at the front, I wasn't around when the door was installed and they said this was ok as the cylinder is unbreakable. I find this hard to believe and should be changed. Am I right in thinking that all cylinders should be installed flush?

He is telling you lies. A Euro barrel can be snapped thus making it easy for an intruder to open your door. What you need is an anti snap/anti bump lock. These are designed to break also but not in the middle as the Euro barrel does.
    The cylinder should be flush on the outside so it cant be easily grabbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

He said it was anti bump/anti snap but I have my doubts the ISEO brand looks pretty cheap from what I can see online but can't tell exactly what model is actually in the door

Anyway thanks for confirming my suspicions it's a good thing I have yet to settle the bill so will want to get this sorted out before that happens

He said it was anti bump/anti snap but I have my doubts the ISEO brand looks pretty cheap from what I can see online but can't tell exactly what model is actually in the door

Anyway thanks for confirming my suspicions it's a good thing I have yet to settle the bill so will want to get this sorted out before that happens

Easiest way is to remove the screw that holds in the barrel and examine it.
    You will see the break off points if its antisnap.

anti-snap-cylinder-comparison.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Thanks again will give that a go, just after watching a YouTube video on how to to replace these type of cylinders much easier than I thought!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

I just replaced 3 Iseo euro cylinders with Yale anit-bump,snap,drill cylinders.
    about e45 all in each from here

very easy to replace.

K

• Advertisement

Thanks again will give that a go, just after watching a YouTube video on how to to replace these type of cylinders much easier than I thought!

Simple to fit yourself as once the door is open the barrel is just held in by the screw. I would recommend marking the outside while fitted to make it flush then measure to this line and replace. Just makes it as hard as possible for it to be grabbed in the first place.

Advertisement