Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Tallaght - Broomhill Road

Options
  • 29-04-2015 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Hi there, my boyfriend and I are looking for a new place, I work near the Harcourt Luas stop and my boyfriend will be working a night shift on Broomhill Road. He is planning to cycle to and from work, but neither of us have experience with cycling around the city so we are trying to find out what areas are feasible.

We were thinking of Ranelagh/Rathmines or near to the SCR, but were also wondering if alone the red luas line would work as well, maybe Smithfield/Rialto/Islandbridge.

Would anyone have any experience?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Maybe somewhere in Tallaght (Belgard, Kilnamanagh) etc as you'd be on the red line then and a very short commute to the Broomhill road by bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

No, we want to stay near town, just wouldn't know anyone in Tallaght and the rent isn't any cheaper than most places in town. (Better quality, but we would prefer to be near town for nights out)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rathmines would work if need be he could get the bus to Tallaght there are quite a few routes that go through there and then on to Tallaght and it wouldn't take too long even if cycling and its still handy enough for town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Walkinstown, Kimmage, Drimnagh would be still close enough to town and close to that end of Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cork St area? Few buses to Greenhills Road, option of the Red Line luas at Fatima/Rialto too for when there's bus strikes :D Would only be a 15 min walk to Harcourt St then.

I take it your bf got a new job with PP :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

No, its a pharma company. Yea, Cork Street would be great actually, never thought of there! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Its not Bimeda by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Delta2113

What bus stop should I get off at for Broomhill Road coming from town please on the number 27?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

Either Mayberry road (stop No:2601) stop or Airton Road (Stop no:4446). Broomhill Road is in the middle of the two

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

If it was me, I'd be looking to live somewhere along the 27 bus route for easy access to Broomhill.

Cycling is fine is this weather, but in winter it will be horrible cycle from town, (especially up the hill from walkinstown roundabout onto the greenhills road).

If you got a place close to St Patricks Cathedral, it'd be ideal for the bus & your job is walking distance, as is the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Tallaght walking distance from St Patricks Cathedral - I don't think so.

Your comments on Cycling are spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Tallaght walking distance from St Patricks Cathedral - I don't think so.

Your comments on Cycling are spot on.

I think the "walking distance" refers to the OP working near Harcourt St, while Patrick St is convenient for OP's other half's public transport requirements.
    Don't think cycling would be so great, especially hitting the Greenhills Rd in thr mornings.
    Mind you, it's a down hill run all the way home after work. :)

Advertisement