Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York New York Hotel Las Vegas

Options
  • 29-04-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can answer my little question!

I am travelling to Las Vegas next week, staying in the New York New York Hotel.
    Do I have to pay the Resort Fees at Check-In or Check-Out?
    And can I pay in cash?

Thank You!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can answer my little question!

I am travelling to Las Vegas next week, staying in the New York New York Hotel.
    Do I have to pay the Resort Fees at Check-In or Check-Out?
    And can I pay in cash?

Thank You!!

You will need a credit card to stay in the room but you can pay cash at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 justchecking83

Thanks BabysCoffee for your reply.

So I need to show a Credit/Debit card at check-in.
    And when I check-out can I pay for the room and resort fees in cash?
    Will anything be taken from my Credit/Debit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭castlebarian

Thanks BabysCoffee for your reply.

So I need to show a Credit/Debit card at check-in.
    And when I check-out can I pay for the room and resort fees in cash?
    Will anything be taken from my Credit/Debit card?

Stayed in the excalibur two years ago which is similar hotel to new york new york and is connected through a bridge about a 2 min walk away. We booked through a travel agent just payed cash when we got there and they took a photocopy of my debit card (no charge to it) also i dont recall any resort fee a room with 2 double beds cost 560 (euro) for 6 nights. We didnt have to pay anything after and just handed in the room cards checked out and left no questions asked i would imagine new york new york would be similar set up they are not the most high class hotels in vegas but they did the job.

Enjoy the holiday vegas is amazing .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

How did you book it? Did you use a travel agent, a third party travel website, or did you book via the hotel direct & have you prepaid in advance for your accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

They'll probably put a hold of $100 or so on your card in case you run up in-room charges before you leave. It's basically a deposit which is cancelled on check out if you haven't run up charges. They may put a hold for part of the room fee on your card also at check in, again it will be cancelled if you pay in cash when you leave. The resort fee shouldn't be charged until check out.

I stay in Vegas all the time, the way they bill you for your room is ridiculously complicated - the invoices they give me at the end of the stay I find totally incomprehensible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Stayed in the Excalibur which is an MGM property like the New York New York in January and had to pay resort fee's on arrival.

Debit card number was taken as insurance for room incidentals but on check out were told we had nothing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 justchecking83

thanks to everyone that replied :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Enjoy that rollercoaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Just to counter somebody else there. I've been to Vegas, 5 times now and going twice more before the end of the year. New York, New York does indeed have a resort fee. So does Excalibur...it's a complete rip off. So to are the taxes for hotel rooms there. I live within driving distance..any time there's an event on that's where people pick to go so I end up going back a lot. Will have to go there twice more before the end of the year...actually twice within 5 weeks.

It's what you make of it!

Advertisement