Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

voting rights

• 29-04-2015 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi i am ashamed to say i have never voted in my life. II have seen people vote for one or the other but the result always was the same. A Right mess up of our rights and freedoms. I am 39. I am irish born and bred. Can some one tell me how i can go about and vote for the upcoming Referendum?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Just did it with a friend yesterday, very easy process, get form RFA2 from your local post office or library or download it on checktheregister.ie

fill it out bring it to the garda station to stamp then drop it to your local co. Counsil offices. As you are a late registration this form will put u on the supplement register.

Do it by may 5th as that is the closing date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

tonyheaney wrote: »
    II have seen people vote for one or the other but the result always was the same. A Right mess up of our rights and freedom

Because the result was not as you wanted, your rights and freedoms were messed up?

Maybe you don't understand how the process works.

You are free to take the time to register and vote no. But its highly likely that the result will be in favour of yes... Just in case you would be disappointed that the vote didn't go in your favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

so i regestered and now can vote, i got the form and had the garda stamp it and handed in to the coco. What happens now,

so i regestered and now can vote, i got the form and had the garda stamp it and handed in to the coco. What happens now,

You will get a voting card in the post a few days before the referendum, you bring that to your registered polling station, hand it to the desk that covers your address and get your decision forms fill those out, then you take those back to the desk and put them in the ballot box. Voting done.

I recommend reading the referendum commission's booklet on the referendum so you can make an informed decision. They are an independent body and provide non biased information on exactly what voting yes or no means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

elfy4eva wrote: »
    You will get a voting card in the post a few days before the referendum, you bring that to your registered polling station, hand it to the desk that covers your address and get your decision forms fill those out, then you take those back to the desk and put them in the ballot box. Voting done.

I recommend reading the referendum commission's booklet on the referendum so you can make an informed decision. They are an independent body and provide non biased information on exactly what voting yes or no means.

is that the little booklet that arrived last week in the post?

• Advertisement

is that the little booklet that arrived last week in the post?

Should be yes it looks like this.

Referendum.png

They also have a website www.refcom2015.ie

Advertisement