Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Bill received- no idea who is on the address- should I pay?

Options
  • 29-04-2015 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭

Well would you believe it. The postman arrives this morning with what looks a water bill. It's my address but it's not my name. It's not any of my neighbours' names. It's not the tenant in my apartment either. So what do you think posters? I live here. I used the water. Will I pay it? Would you?

Irish%20Water.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

emeldc wrote: »
    Well would you believe it. The postman arrives this morning with what looks a water bill. It's my address but it's not my name. It's not any of my neighbours' names. It's not the tenant in my apartment either. So what do you think posters? I live here. I used the water. Will I pay it? Would you?

we should be paying for water alright but on a metered basis. id be getting back onto irish water to sort out the personal info though. after that its up to yourself to pay it or not. like anything in life, consequences if you dont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    we should be paying for water alright but on a metered basis. id be getting back onto irish water to sort out the personal info though. after that its up to yourself to pay it or not. like anything in life, consequences if you dont

I have already registered with Irish Water and as I stated earlier, I intend to pay. How many times do I need to give them my details before they can get it right?

I have already registered with Irish Water and as I stated earlier, I intend to pay. How many times do I need to give them my details before they can get it right?

thats a fair point alright. i suspect you wont be the only one with this issue and i suspect you may have to contact them many times before this is rectified. very annoying

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Emeldc- please start your own thread- and do not hijack this one. I can move your posts (and the responses to them) from here- to your new thread for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Emeldc- please start your own thread- and do not hijack this one. I can move your posts (and the responses to them) from here- to your new thread for you.

No need, think I'm all done with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's an offence to open someone else's mail. I'm not anti Irish Water, but I too would return any bill to my address which bore someone else's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

seamus wrote: »
    It's an offence to open someone else's mail.

This plus lots.

You don't even know for sure that it is a water bill, unless you have broken the law.

seamus wrote: »
    It's an offence to open someone else's mail. I'm not anti Irish Water, but I too would return any bill to my address which bore someone else's name.

op should contact irish water to rectify errors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Has your tenant registered? are they who they said they are? is there someone else living at the address who you don't know about?

It could also be a scheme to get someone an address and utility bill for buying stuff like contract mobile phones etc then doing a bunk on paying the monthly bills?

Advertisement