Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester City v Chelsea, SS1, 7:45pm K/O

• 29-04-2015 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

Leicester come into the game on the back of an exceptional run of form that has seen them win 4 of their last 6 games and moving out of the relegation zone.

Leicester are a point clear of Sunderland whos have played the same amount of games as Leicester but their game in hand is as difficult as Leicesters as they have to play Arsenal in a re-scheduled fixture. A Leicester win would pull them 4 clear of Sunderland and 7 & 8 pts clear of QPR & Burnley who have played 1 game more.

Chelsea are unbeaten since losing away to Spurs 5-3, playing 13 games, winning 9, a win tonight will move Chelsea 13 pts clear of Arsenal and 1 win from winning the title for the first time since Carlo Ancelottis 09/10 success.

Theres been suggestions that Leicester will rest some players on focus on the weekends game against Newcastle but I just cant see. However, David Nugent, Jamie Vardy and Jeff Schlupp are all doubts for Leicetser.

Remy is out and Oscar, Costa and Courtois are all doubts for Chelsea.

Stat :
    There have been just eight goals scored in Leicester’s last six Premier League home matches (five for the Foxes, three for their opponents)

Big game at both ends of the table, Chelsea should have enough to get the job done even against a very resiliant Leicester side.

Leicester 1 - 3 Chelsea

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can actually see a draw happening here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Leicester will be raring to go for this with the form they are in. I think they'll just come up short though, 2-1 Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mickeroo wrote: »

Agree with Mickeroo.

Bookies odds on Chelsea are way to high for me to think they'll blitz this.

Will be interesting to see how Leciester play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I reckon the Chelsea players have more belief now and can nearly touch the title after the last 3 results.

Taking 7 pts from 9 really takes the pressure off. Hopefully it shows and the players respond tonight.

Would much prefer Costa over Drogba, we've not brought any youth players with us so we might even see a return to the false 9 if we dont risk Costa and decide to keep Drogba in reserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Leicesters good run to finish tonight. 2-0 Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Title is done and dusted bar the shouting, hopefully Leicester get something.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Its likely TBH.

They wont give up many opportunities and we've got 1 crocked CF, 1 injured CF an the others an OAP.

Could be very simialr game to the QPR game a few weeks back, a similar result would be welcoming but this game, for the last 2 or 3 weeks has looked liek it could throw up an upset.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'd be more confident of gaining points in the Liverpool game and that's not to knock Liverpool. Leicester have too much quality to be in a relegation dog-fight when you look at some of the other teams down that end of the table so they'll be definitely looking for something out of this. Even a "weakened" Leicester team will still be well up for a fight.

As against that, Chelsea notoriously refuse to show up against bottom-half teams and an unmotivated Chelsea side is a catastrophe in the works. I'm just hoping we don't see a repeat of the meltdown last season, even if it began much earlier.

I'd imagine it'll be a 1-0 affair but I wouldn't bet on who will be favoured by that result.

I'd be more confident of gaining points in the Liverpool game and that's not to knock Liverpool. Leicester have too much quality to be in a relegation dog-fight when you look at some of the other teams down that end of the table so they'll be definitely looking for something out of this. Even a "weakened" Leicester team will still be well up for a fight.

As against that, Chelsea notoriously refuse to show up against bottom-half teams and an unmotivated Chelsea side is a catastrophe in the works. I'm just hoping we don't see a repeat of the meltdown last season, even if it began much earlier.

I'd imagine it'll be a 1-0 affair but I wouldn't bet on who will be favoured by that result.

The league is all but wrapped up IMO its just a case of when not if, we win it.

Not losin ghte last 3 games put us in a great position, couple that with Utd losing their last 2, it gives us a small bit of breathing space.

Of course I'd love to go into this game and steam roll Leicester but I just cant see it. The squad will know what they have to do to get a result and at this stage thats what we need, another result.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The league is all but wrapped up IMO its just a case of when not if, we win it.

Yeah, I agree that's the case but I have a huge anxiety watching Chelsea line out against "poor" opposition because the team don't have any natural motivation against them. That's why I'd be more confident coming away from a big game like Liverpool with something added to the points tally.

Leicester are also far from being a poor side and I think a lot of their matches saw them losing despite being a much more dangerous side. When Ulloa lost his form, things really got bad for them and the whole team lost confidence. They're coming out the other side of that now and they're looking for a massive push to keep them up and they deserve to stay up. I just hope they momentarily forget what they're playing for tonight... :p

• Advertisement

Yeah, I agree that's the case but I have a huge anxiety watching Chelsea line out against "poor" opposition because the team don't have any natural motivation against them. That's why I'd be more confident coming away from a big game like Liverpool with something added to the points tally.

Leicester are also far from being a poor side and I think a lot of their matches saw them losing despite being a much more dangerous side. When Ulloa lost his form, things really got bad for them and the whole team lost confidence. They're coming out the other side of that now and they're looking for a massive push to keep them up and they deserve to stay up. I just hope they momentarily forget what they're playing for tonight... :p

Leicester arent poor, I'd agree. Pearson has turned them around the last few weeks.

This will be the toughest test they face in awhile though, a title chasing Chelsea, which also addresses another point you made earlier, if the Chelsea players cant get up for it against a "poor" side when the title is on the line, their is something lacking with them.

The squad is certainly in a happier place right now leading from the front and after coming through 3 big tests, tonight will be a 4th and I hope theyre up for it.

Leicester will give us nothing easy tonight, the real difference from last year is our away performances and more importantly, results, have improved.

If Costa is 100% I'd play him, if not, keep him for the next few games.

Gonna miss the 1st hlaf of this as we have our own match so hopefully when I get home we're 3-0 up :o

Woohoo just realised this is televised tonight - time to get some beers in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Leicester will lose but I hope it doesn't start a run of poor result until the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Confident of a comfortable win here. 1-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Boring win.
    Wooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Tibo is ok ?

FFS Drogba - he is gone to ****

Ara Drogba!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

What about the speed of the Blue Kenyan through the middle on that last counter...!

the_monkey wrote: »
    Tibo is ok ?

I'd say so , prob just giving Petr Čech a run

Huth gone - massive loss for Leicester

Huth injured
    Dropping like flies here.

Gary Neville talking a lot of sense there.

nice bit of play ..

What a clearance from JT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Decent game so far

Everything is going down the right wing with Chelsea

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    Everything is going down the right wing with Chelsea

Cos Azp can't get forward, no overlapping fb's. Makes it very crowded on the right.

Shocking challenge from Konchesky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Phoenix wrote: »
    How we playing?

****e. Ramires Drogba and Ivan doing their very best to give the ball away every time

Haha, was expecting Cambiasso to bury that like he did with Inter against us in the CL. Similar chance

Quality save that by Tibo

• Advertisement

Holy crap how did that stay out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Drogba needs not to play again

jaysuusssss......

Quality save that by Tibo

His on the bench;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

why is Drogba still a football player, his talent is gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Stick someone else up front, Drogba is hopeless.

Johner wrote: »
    Stick someone else up front, Drogba is hopeless.

He can win knockdowns, that's about all he's good for. Can't seem to play a 5 yard pass, completely kills so many moves.

Barr wrote: »
    His on the bench;)

He's that good :pac:

37 year old Drogba is as bad as Torress…………………… well nearly

He's that good :pac:
    ah beat me to it ! :D

Petr still showing how class he is, if he leaves who will be the #2 keeper ?

Nigel is assaulting The Special One

That's a terrible challenge.

I don't think he meant to hurt him but I'd be surprised if he could carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Get in!

FFS

• Advertisement
Advertisement