Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanturk

Options
  • 29-04-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi I am heading to Kanturk for a youth cycle race with my son this weekend, hoping to stay in the campervan but not sure if there are any suitable sites in or near the town.

I have a generator so electric hook up is not a priority although I would only use the gennie if in a remote location as it's pretty noisy and I wouldn't want to be annoying anyone.

Does anybody have any suggestions for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

This place is very near Kanturk
    http://www.ballyhasslakes.ie/

They're part of safe nights ireland which is well worth joining if you travel about like that.
    http://www.safenightsireland.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

Kanturk s a very quiet place and you'd be safe parked anywhere. If you want somewhere quiet , then there's a boreen next to the wreck of Irish Pride Bakery where you could park up and be bothered by noone (near to the Garda Barracks). There's noone living down there and it is good and wide so you wouldn't be an obstruction and it's a dead end unless the Mart opens very early in the morning

Otherwise, the Church car park or Town Park car parks look suitable to me

• Registered Users Posts: 17 winlikefin

Thanks very much for the suggestions - looks like I'll be able to get somewhere!

let me know how you get on!

Will do!

• Advertisement

I parked up at the Graveyard on Freemount Road - this was the start/finish of the first race so was perfect for me.

I used the same spot for both Friday and Saturday night - a little bit out of the town, very quiet and not much in the way of nearby houses for me to annoy with the generator (before it stopped working!).

The racing went well - my son ended up 3rd overall and was the 1st 'under 11' in the Under 12 race.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Finbar

ah that made sense..glad you had a good time

Advertisement