Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kanturk

• 29-04-2015 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi

I am going to the Kanturk stage race with my son - he is competing in the U12 race.

We plan to stay in the campervan and was hoping to find somewhere near the town that I could park up.

I've never been to the town before and was hoping for some suggestions.

I have a generator that I can use - so electric hook up is not a priority.

Thanks

F.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

winlikefin wrote: »
    Hi

I am going to the Kanturk stage race with my son - he is competing in the U12 race.

We plan to stay in the campervan and was hoping to find somewhere near the town that I could park up.

I've never been to the town before and was hoping for some suggestions.

I have a generator that I can use - so electric hook up is not a priority.

Thanks

F.

I haven't a clue, but I hope the two of you have lots of fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Their is a grand spot out at the finish line on the circuit. you should be perfect there and can roll into town to sign on the morning of the race

• Registered Users Posts: 17 winlikefin

Morana - thanks - the Youth are using different circuits to the Seniors.

What road are you referring to? I can check it on Google maps - at least have half an idea where I'm going!

I think it was the freemount rd. I was selecting for the youth Olympics and I am sure it finished n that road just outside the town.

this is where I was thinking of https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.190533,-8.903277,3a,75y,326.78h,78.1t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sqxUfNy4btpwyZyNeg7bCSg!2e0?hl=en

that was the finish of the youth races 2 years ago

• Advertisement

That looks like the right spot - the entry form has the finish details as "Freemount Road. Graveyard"

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

Could also try the castle carpark on the Banteer road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Any route maps for this race out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭buffalo

I think these are the routes, but I've never raced it before, and don't know if there's any changes this year:

Stage 1: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2426047

TT: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2426046

3: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2426048

4: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2426049

Thanks very much for the suggestions - looks like I'll be able toget somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Any sign of the start list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Any sign of the start list?
    Its listed in the weekly diary on irishcyclingnews.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

wav1 wrote: »
    Its listed in the weekly diary on irishcyclingnews.com

Thanks!

Here's the link

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

There's a nice car park and picnic spot by the river and opposite and across the road from the church. It's just on the outskirts of the town, heading towards Newmarket, on the left. Kanturk is lovely- enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

What a stage! Two large crashes and I would guess over 60 riders out the back on a race that normally has bunch finishes. Congrats to young Yelverton for winning A2/A3 race and sincere hope that those involved in crashes are Ok.

Anyone see any results posted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

boege wrote: »
    What a stage! Two large crashes and I would guess over 60 riders out the back on a race that normally has bunch finishes. Congrats to young Yelverton for winning A2/A3 race and sincere hope that those involved in crashes are Ok.

Anyone see any results posted?

What happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Rob from wheelworx did a good right up on his blog about the race.

2 fairly big crashes apparently.

http://www.wheelworx.ie/blog/robs-blog-crashes-carnage-kanturk-3-day-stage-race-2015-day-1/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

Amprodude wrote: »
    What happened?

first race in a3 and i got my hole opened on the hill going out of Freemount (tired legs and thinking the pace would ease off!)
    I was at threshold on the descent and still couldn't get back on with tows of some support cars.
    on that descent then i came on the first crash. I don't know what happened but the rider was unconscious on the other side of the road after what looked like he hit an oak tree. not nice.
    I chased hard again with some other lads and then came on another crash on a flat bit of road with about 8 lads down...again i chased hard but the legs were crying out. then i punctured outside Kanturk and called it a day... someone was saying you've had enough!

the pace was ferocious and thats when mistakes happen that causes crashes. I seen good cyclists that i would see getting places most weeks in other provinces been over 10mins down on the first 15. huge time gaps. there was 30secs from the first 2 to the chase bunch of 15 and another 5mins to the 2nd chase group.

great racing, lots of work for me to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

According to the very limited reports buffalo had a good result today.Starting to sniff around at the business end of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Here's TT results and overall after stage 2

• Advertisement

A2/A3 fastest time for TT is unbelievable. 10.19 crazy.

wav1 wrote: »
    According to the very limited reports buffalo had a good result today.Starting to sniff around at the business end of things.

2nd I do believe, but more interestingly it was one of the cheekiest attacks I have seen in a long time. He was in a break of 5 which went nearly a minute up the road for about 2/3 laps. As the break was caught himself and DCC guy (both of whom were in the original break) attacked again just as the bunch was sitting up having closed the break. It was so cheeky and brave that the two of us in the Limerick car following were rooting for them to stay away. It made for a fascinating finish of an otherwise dull stage.

Chapeau to the two of them!

As for TT time by O'Loughlin, as Jimmy McGee would say........! To be honest you have to question putting a rider of his class into a race like this. On the plus side it does shake up the race and tomorrow will be interesting for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Amprodude wrote: »
    A2/A3 fastest time for TT is unbelievable. 10.19 crazy.

He is the 8th fastest 18 year old in the world in the TT; and you are in the same grade as him. Fair play to him- great natural talent and lots of hard work too

JK.BMC wrote: »
    He is the 8th fastest 18 year old in the world in the TT; and you are in the same grade as him. Fair play to him- great natural talent and lots of hard work too

Exactly, great talent. I have done that TT in 11.30 before on TT bike, aero helmet, shoe covers, no disk wheel, cosmic wheels only, no skin suit and that was me going at my max at the point that I was going to get sick afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

ayone know where would i find A4 results please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Well that was fun. 3 days of pain but at least new bright jersey added to my collection.

ciaeim wrote: »
    ayone know where would i find A4 results please

e2da78cc-b6a0-4581-9b06-f00d3f80f6de_zpsnsfaibro.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭buffalo

Really enjoyed the race - great circuits, plenty of crowds, well marshalled. One could ask for quicker results, but I don't know many people with the requisite expertise who would give up most weekends of their season travelling the country doing a fairly thankless job, so as long as the results are there before the start of the following stage, I'm happy. :)

Didn't finish as well as I could've hoped - either on particular stages, or in the overall, but no regrets about how I raced. Sitting in is fine for yellow, but not for me! :D

Hi - just an update on my weekend with my son.

We took the suggestion of morana and parked at the graveyard on Friday night - perfect spot (so good we stayed there on Saturday too!). I was able to get the gazebo set up on Saturday morning before others started showing up - at least Shea had somewhere dry to warm up before the race.

Stage 1 - he was a bit disappointed to finish 7th! Got him into some dry gear and a hot water bottle to warm him up.

Stage 2 TT - managed to get a parking space directly across from the start line so he was able to stay on the rollers until a couple of minutes nefore his start. It must have helped as he went on to win the TT - we only found this out on Sunday morning at the sign on for stage 3. That was a really big surprise - I'm not sure who was happier, me or him!

Stage 3 - at last the sun came out. The group stayed together and the winner of stage 1 (Mark from Dungarvan CC) took the stage which was enough for him to take the overall from the previous leader, Bevan Smith from Wales.

Shea did enough to finish 3rd overall and won the jersey for 1st Under 11.

All in all an enjoyable weekend, many thanks to all the suggestions for somewhere to park and of course to the event organisers, sponsors and marshalls.

Does anyone know where the Youth results are posted online? I've tried the usual places but can only see the senior races.

Thanks again

Finbar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Hi Ho

Hi - just an update on my weekend with my son.

We took the suggestion of morana and parked at the graveyard on Friday night - perfect spot (so good we stayed there on Saturday too!). I was able to get the gazebo set up on Saturday morning before others started showing up - at least Shea had somewhere dry to warm up before the race.

Stage 1 - he was a bit disappointed to finish 7th! Got him into some dry gear and a hot water bottle to warm him up.

Stage 2 TT - managed to get a parking space directly across from the start line so he was able to stay on the rollers until a couple of minutes nefore his start. It must have helped as he went on to win the TT - we only found this out on Sunday morning at the sign on for stage 3. That was a really big surprise - I'm not sure who was happier, me or him!

Stage 3 - at last the sun came out. The group stayed together and the winner of stage 1 (Mark from Dungarvan CC) took the stage which was enough for him to take the overall from the previous leader, Bevan Smith from Wales.

Shea did enough to finish 3rd overall and won the jersey for 1st Under 11.

All in all an enjoyable weekend, many thanks to all the suggestions for somewhere to park and of course to the event organisers, sponsors and marshalls.

Does anyone know where the Youth results are posted online? I've tried the usual places but can only see the senior races.

Thanks again

Finbar

Not quite results but something here - https://www.facebook.com/maura.l.moriarty/media_set?set=a.10203959553169970.1073741863.1256683793&type=1

Damn - 352 photos and not one of my boy!!!

Anyway understand why they don't post results online....someone put 352 pictures up on the club facebook page in the last hour and no results, so it does come across as deliberate?

I had to leave early yesterday as we had some distance to travel so don't know final results. If anyone took pics of the A2/A3 stage 4 & final GC results would really appreciate if you could post.

Other than the above, have to agree with buffalo that race was well run and thanks to all the organisers and support teams.

Anyway understand why they don't post results online....someone put 352 pictures up on the club facebook page in the last hour and no results, so it does come across as deliberate?

I had to leave early yesterday as we had some distance to travel so don't know final results. If anyone took pics of the A2/A3 stage 4 & final GC results would really appreciate if you could post.

Other than the above, have to agree with buffalo that race was well run and thanks to all the organisers and support teams.

It isn't the club's Facebook page

Hi Ho wrote: »
    It isn't the club's Facebook page[/QUOTE

Hmmm...looked again and not really getting it......care to expand?

Hi Ho wrote: »
    It isn't the club's Facebook page[/QUOTE

Hmmm...looked again and not really getting it......care to expand?

Yes, you are correct. They were on the photographer's page before the Kanturk CC one and I assumed that was where you saw them.

• Advertisement

Finbar

she has pictures up with underage results: https://www.facebook.com/maura.l.moriarty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Any final Gc results anywhere for this?

Advertisement