Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find landlords phone number?

Options
  • 29-04-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

House next door was recently bought and is now rented out to some people who think nothing of hammering and banging at 11:30 at night and parking in my driveway !!!
    Where do they get the neck?

Anyway no idea who the landlord is or where I can get his phone number.
    Any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Make a complaint about anti-social behaviour to the PRTB. They won't give you the landlord's phone number though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Do a google search for the address. If it was advertised to rent see if you can open a cached version of the ad. If it was being advertised by an estate agent you'll at least know which one it is & can make a complaint through them & perhaps write to the landlord c/o the EA for all the good that might do.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭seamusmacc

Leave a note to the neighbour and addressed to the landlord?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Have you spoken to the tenant in the first instance to see if you can resolve it with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Clamp their car or park in front of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

I had a similar problem. I went in to the tenants and said I was thinking of building a wall in between our gardens and needed to talk to their LL about it. They gave me his phone number no problem....Maybe something similar might work for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem. I went in to the tenants and said I was thinking of building a wall in between our gardens and needed to talk to their LL about it. They gave me his phone number no problem....Maybe something similar might work for you...

I did much the same a long time ago and it worked a treat.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If its your property (as opposed to a leasehold)- do this. You are legally entitled to access to your own property. They have no right whatsoever to impinge on your property.Clamp it- or block it in- and go shopping or something- and come back several hours later. They will learn quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Field east

If its your property (as opposed to a leasehold)- do this. You are legally entitled to access to your own property. They have no right whatsoever to impinge on your property.Clamp it- or block it in- and go shopping or something- and come back several hours later. They will learn quickly enough.
    Ask the first owner occupied next door neighbour neighbours on both sides for the owners name address tel no. You might find that ' he has a brother living at no 43'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you are thinking about clamping it, you might like to exercise just a little imagination about how the interaction will go after you come home again.

Even if you ask a parking firm to do the clamping, your neighbours will be finding out who authorized them, and may not react favourably towards you.

Just 'cos it's legal for you do something doesn't make it a smart thing to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement