Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To Spoil or not to Spoil the NFL Draft?

• 29-04-2015 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

What will be the rule for the 2015 NFL Draft thread be when the draft is on? Can we post picks before they are announced?

I'm for posting picks before they are announced because I don't think it makes much of a difference.

In last year's thread, i don't think we were allowed to post which was fine but people gave out to me at one stage for posting something like this "Looks like the Vikings are trying to trade back into the first". The rules of the thread were not clearly defined so anytime i posted a rumour it was sometimes not received well. I think the rumours and the ongoing back room dealings all add to the excitement of the draft.

Or maybe we should just have two threads, one with no spoilers and one thread that's a free for all? Or will splitting the posters up run the fun?

To Spoil? 13 votes

One thread - No Spoilers
    0% 0 votes
    One thread - Yes Spoilers
    84% 11 votes
    Two threads
    15% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Probably be best to run two separate threads, dont like things being spoilt before Roger makes the announcement. Thinks that is what we did last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Last year worked well IMO.

One thread with no spoilers for those that preferred the suspense and the general draft thread for those who don't mind hearing about picks earlier than Goddell's announcement.

Personally I found the no spoilers thread very enjoyable. Good discussion around possible picks in each spot, potential trade discussion etc. If it's a free-for-all there's no chance I'll be on here but with Twitter ruined because of spoilers it'd be a shame for this place to go the same way.

For those that don't like spoilers, stay off Twitter from about 8pm by the way as La Canfora and co start their usual craic. I don't see why we couldn't get the no spoilers thread up on here from around that time too and let others work away in the general thread?

Advertisement