Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Slade (AC/DC) Drum Clinic - Whelan's 30th June

Options
  • 29-04-2015 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭

This is a pretty disgraceful rip-off in fairness:

http://www.whelanslive.com/index.php/chris-slade-acdc-drum-clinic/

According to the Whelan's page:
    What You Get with your Ticket;
    1 x Chris Slade Event Specific T-Shirt
    1 x Photo with Chris Slade
    1 x Drumhead signed personally to you by Chris Slade
    1 x 8 x 10 Signed Photo
    1 x Laminate for the Clinic
    1 x Pair of AC/DC branded & Chris Slade signed drumsticks
    Chance to ask Chris a question from the audience whilst he is on stage
    Fans can bring a maximum of 2-3 items for Chris Slade to sign. (Restriction of 2 items will apply based on final numbers)

Also making an appearance is Dublin ‘DC tribute ‘Whole Lotta Voltage’, along with stalls from Merch store Asha and others to be announced. Fans are also encouraged to dress-up too as their favourite AC/DC member and join in on the fun and camaraderie of this very special night.

At €180 that's some pretty pricey camaraderie right there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Do you really dress up as any of the other members? Not much value in 180 there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Dave Lombardo 20 bob, Chris Slade 180 bob.....right :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I would dress up as Phil Rudd, blue jeans, black t-shirt, granny glasses, shoulder length wig and a look of perpetual boredness at all times.

I can't really see many turning up for this, if it under 50 euro I might have been tempted but I don't have that much money burning a hole in my pocket at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

Jesus that is shocking. Who would pay that?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

I really do wonder if anyone will turn up to this. It would be interesting to get a review. Seems so expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see a lot of Die Hard ACDC fans turning up with most of them prob not even drummers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He'd better suck my cock for that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

^Nice, stay classy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

He'd better suck my cock for that kind of money.

He's opted for this I think as he has cancelled his Drum Clinic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

"I’m very sorry to say that I will have to cancel any drum clinics or appearances that have been booked for me in Ireland and elsewhere. They were booked months ago without knowing the full travel plans and commitments of The Band.My sincere apologies to everyone at SD Entertainment, they have said they will be refunding any monies paid by you in full.Hope to see you at the show in Dublin"

Translation: Only about 5 tickets were sold.

• Advertisement
Advertisement