Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makeup goes with a lime coloured dress?

Options
  • 29-04-2015 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I have a lime midi dress for my grad, with white heels and a white clutch bag. I also have blondey/brown choppy Bob styled hair.

What colour lipstick/eyeshadow would go with this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'd stay neutral on the eyes and maybe go for a slightly heathery or pink lip with no shimmer, Bourjois Rouge Edition is nice in Pretty in Nude, Rose Tweed and Pretty Prune are nice (my hair is the same colour as yours and I use these shades a lot).
    I wouldn't go for a bright eyeshadow simply because you'll be looking at these pictures in a couple of decades time, and colours date so much!
    If you wanted a more vibrant lip, Rimmel Kate Moss in 107 is lovely - a real pop of colour - and the matte formulation isn't drying.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Postoffice123

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'd stay neutral on the eyes and maybe go for a slightly heathery or pink lip with no shimmer, Bourjois Rouge Edition is nice in Pretty in Nude, Rose Tweed and Pretty Prune are nice (my hair is the same colour as yours and I use these shades a lot).
    I wouldn't go for a bright eyeshadow simply because you'll be looking at these pictures in a couple of decades time, and colours date so much!
    If you wanted a more vibrant lip, Rimmel Kate Moss in 107 is lovely - a real pop of colour - and the matte formulation isn't drying.

Thanks so much! I was thinking maybe smokey eye and hot pink matte lipstick? I really love the combination of pink and lime but I'm afraid it'll look clowny! Or else it could look fab and hipster-style. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Thanks so much! I was thinking maybe smokey eye and hot pink matte lipstick? I really love the combination of pink and lime but I'm afraid it'll look clowny! Or else it could look fab and hipster-style. What do you think?

Yeah I think a strong pink lip would look great, and a subtle/washed out smoky eye :)
    Enjoy your grad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Postoffice123

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yeah I think a strong pink lip would look great, and a subtle/washed out smoky eye :)
    Enjoy your grad ;)

Thanks a mill I will ;)

Advertisement