Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisey Dog next door

Options
  • 29-04-2015 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Live in Drogheda, in housing estate. My next door neighbour has a terrior. I'd they have it about 5 years. I can't open my back door without it ging off on one. The neighbours have complained to them and nothing has happened. Ive been told report it to the gards but I think theyve a lot more important issues to seal with, can anyone advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Live in Drogheda, in housing estate. My next door neighbour has a terrior. I'd they have it about 5 years. I can't open my back door without it ging off on one. The neighbours have complained to them and nothing has happened. Ive been told report it to the gards but I think theyve a lot more important issues to seal with, can anyone advise

Report to council.

Cops no use for that.

Is it left barking all night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

ssmith6287 wrote: »

Could make an application to the District Court pursuant to section 108 of the Environmental Protection Agency Act 1992 - this is the bit that deals with noise related nuisance.

It's probably not serious enough for that though?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

Here's the relevant page on the Louth CoCo website:
    http://www.louthcoco.ie/en/Services/Dog-Pound/Barking-Dogs/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

If it only barks when you misspell something, I can understand the problem... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,529 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

contact the dog warden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The dog warden are fantastic but can't do much if the dog isn't out and about. Ultimately, you'll have to bring your neighbours to court if you want action taken. And you'll have to tell them that you're doing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

From http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/environmental_protection/noise_regulations.html#l3076c

Section 25 of the Control of Dogs Act 1986 deals with nuisance by barking dogs. If you don’t get a satisfactory response from the dog owner, you may complain to the District Court*, using the form prescribed under the Control of Dogs Act. These forms are available from local authorities.

The court may make an order requiring the occupier of the premises in which the dog is kept to abate the nuisance by exercising due control over a dog. The court may limit the number of dogs that can be kept on a premises or may direct that a dog be delivered to a dog warden to be dealt with as unwanted.

*Before you can apply to the district court you must give written notice to the dog owner of your intention to do so.

Advertisement