Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

10w40 on sale halfords

• 29-04-2015 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

10w40 halfords part synthetic bike oil, €31.99 reduced from about 40 for 5 litres, I know some people will only put name branded oil in their cars too, comma oil does halfords oils, got to be suitable for some bikes, probably no different that castrol really.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not such a good deal, but you can get MOTUL oil for that price.....Id rather use that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Not such a good deal, but you can get MOTUL oil for that price.....Id rather use that.

Where's that? How much? Never came across it or heard it mentioned, this works out at 6.40 a litre compared to Castro's 15.50, nearly a third cheaper, for certain types or age bikes I might use castrol or something similar but for others I think its suitable, if the reviews are anything to go by its ok. I stopped using certain branded oils for halfords oil, picking them up when they were on sale for use in a car after it went over a 100k miles, no problems or noticeable difference.
    I'll look up motul but I've enough oil to do a few services now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I buy 4l silkolene semi synthetic for €34 near me.
    What's the normal go?

Normal go? I should have mentioned halfords oil in the thread a few days ago when I was looking for oil :rolleyes:

cerastes wrote: »
    Normal go? I should have mentioned halfords oil in the thread a few days ago when I was looking for oil :rolleyes:

Sorry,I meant what's usually the price of castrol or silkolene even where you live.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Sorry,I meant what's usually the price of castrol or silkolene even where you live.

Haven't come across silkolene, was asking in a thread recently for oil recommendations, then saw the halfords oil on sale. I was using castrol, at 15.50 a litre.
    I meant jokingly that I should have mentioned halfords oil and I may have gotten recommendations then before I bought 5L of halfords oil :)

15.50 a litre?
    That's fairly saucy alright.
    I know that a litre of silkolene is €9 where I get mine.
    I've being using silkolene for years and years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

The prices can seem okay on branded oil until you notice it's 4 and not 5 litres.

Advertisement