Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten in Limerick

• 29-04-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hello people,

I am looking to adopt a kitten in the near future.
    I've been looking on the internet and the only good option I found, Limerick Animal Welfare shelter, is too far away from any bus routes and I don't have a car to go there.

Do you guys know any places in Limerick or near the city that have kittens up for adoption?
    I am not looking for any pedigree or things like that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Try having a look at Limerick Feral Cats Facebook page. They don't have a rescue facility. What they do is take care of Feral cats in the Limerick area, take in and tame the kittens in their own homes and with foster carers and then find them loving homes.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have you rang LAW? They are always looking for people to adopt animals so might be able to work out some arrangement with you around meeting you. Worth a call to them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Alexanderis

bazz26 wrote: »
    Have you rang LAW? They are always looking for people to adopt animals so might be able to work out some arrangement with you around meeting you. Worth a call to them anyway.

I've asked them about this on facebook and I still need to go down to the shelter and talk to them.

I'll ask around if I can actually get a lift from Limerick City to LAW shelter and back.

I've looked at Limerick Feral Cats as well but they don't seem to have many kittens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've asked them about this on facebook and I still need to go down to the shelter and talk to them.

I'll ask around if I can actually get a lift from Limerick City to LAW shelter and back.

I've looked at Limerick Feral Cats as well but they don't seem to have many kittens.

Limerick Ferals usually take some of their kittens to Maxizoo out at Ballysimon on Saturdays so people can meet the kittens. Maybe you could take a bus out one Saturday. Also, bear in mind that kitten season is on the way and pretty much all rescues will have many many kittens needing loving homes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Ring around the vets in the city. That's where I rescued my Angel from. She was only 8 weeks old and pregant tho the vets didn't know that at the time. Best of luck with the search.

• Advertisement
Advertisement