Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was the N4 downgraded to a regional road?

• 29-04-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭

https://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2013-03-13a.466

i dont know what this means. the N4 is one of the main arteries into the city and it leads to the west of ireland. i mean its 3 lanes all the way through lucan until it hits palmerstown.

also is there plans in the pipeline to open a new road across the liffey? a continuation of outer ring road or perhaps they'll try take it across further out by weston junction? i sure hope not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

emo72 wrote: »
    https://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2013-03-13a.466

i dont know what this means. the N4 is one of the main arteries into the city and it leads to the west of ireland. i mean its 3 lanes all the way through lucan until it hits palmerstown.

also is there plans in the pipeline to open a new road across the liffey? a continuation of outer ring road or perhaps they'll try take it across further out by weston junction? i sure hope not.

All national roads inside the M50 with the exception of the sections of N11 and N31 feeding Dun Laoighaire were downgraded to Regional.

It is still national to the M50.

The likelyhood of the missing section of Outer Ring Road between Lucan and Clonsilla/Blanch being built while the Westlink is still tolled is nil; but it is still in the pipeline for decades away. The road from where it would start over the river now continues all the way to the N2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭emo72

L1011 wrote: »
    All national roads inside the M50 with the exception of the sections of N11 and N31 feeding Dun Laoighaire were downgraded to Regional.

It is still national to the M50.

The likelyhood of the missing section of Outer Ring Road between Lucan and Clonsilla/Blanch being built while the Westlink is still tolled is nil; but it is still in the pipeline for decades away. The road from where it would start over the river now continues all the way to the N2

thanks for the indepth answer. where is the proposed crossing point on the lucan side? at woodies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

emo72 wrote: »
    thanks for the indepth answer. where is the proposed crossing point on the lucan side? at woodies?

Woodies to the new Porterstown schools on the other side.

Advertisement