Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband

• 29-04-2015 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Have been looking at different internet options - only viable option is wireless broadband for both best speed and download allowance for where I am based. Have been looking at BB Net. Has anyone experience of this company with particular in Patrickswell/Adare area. Or has anybody got experience of other simular providers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Wireless can be good or bad depending on the operator. I'm on a wireless connection for the past number of years in County Limerick and its solid. Unlimited downloads, the bandwidth is low (2mbps) but as its reliable its not so bad.

Have friends on 50Mps etc with other providers and it seems to slow/be down altogether half the time.

Had a friend on BBnet a number of years ago IIRC they were 'ok'.

Best advice is to ask people as close to you as possible to your house about their experience as a lot will depend on the line of sight to their nearest relay, which can vary from site to site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

We use BBNet where I work in Patrickswell & they have upgraded their connection in the last few months. Service is alot more dependable than it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Thanks lads, anyone living in Patrickswell/Adare border who would like to give me advice would be much appreciated

Advertisement