Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2015 **Use spoiler tags, mod warning post #1 & 3037**

Options
  • 29-04-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Mod edit: Use spoiler tags for anything that has not been yet shown on tv

Big Brother 16 will launch on May 12 at 9pm.

This series will be dubbed Big Brother: Timebomb and will involve housemates experiencing 'time based disturbances'. Show bosses have promised Mad Men-influenced, '60s-style decor for the new house as part of an "upbeat, glamorous, thrilling and mischievous" series.

A 30 second teaser has been released today:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s149/big-brother/news/a644810/big-brother-timebomb-gets-live-launch-date-for-channel-5.html#~pbhegd1Nedu53p

Will be interesting to see if a change of creative director for the show will bring any positive changes. More 'real' housemates and less publicity hungry wannabes would be nice; The last winner of the civilian series was an absolute travesty.

Bring back the chickens I say! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

More 'real' housemates and less publicity hungry wannabes would be nice

Spot on. It's the main reason it's gone so bad the last few years. Less idiots with ties to Ch5 or without ANY media past would be awesome. I'm kinda wondering though is there any of those actually interested in the show? Or do they get very little interest outside the current zzz-list wannabes?

They should just go around the UK equivalent of the dole office.

Ireland could do an edition sponsored by job-bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

TV3 simulcasting the nightly highlights show plus all the bit on the side programs.
    What fantastic news, I haven't seen a bit of it since it left C4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

^^^
    That's fantastic news! I always had to watch it an hour or so after it aired on youtube.

I wonder does that mean Irish viewers will be able to vote as well? I remember voting for Brian way back in series 2, but can't remember when or why Irish viewers became prohibited from voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

TV3 simulcasting the nightly highlights show plus all the bit on the side programs.

Same here, I missed it when it moved to C5.... Will tune into 3e for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Yes looking forward to the launch show. The last few series (excepting cbb), ive switched off after a week or two so im hoping for great things this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

cool- will save all the rooting around with apps, wires, Ipad though I only usually ever watch the celebrity BB but might give it a go this time given the easy of access now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

You can already tell by the theme that they'll be rehashing the same overdone twists we see every series. No doubt they'll ROCK THE HOUSE TO THE CORE!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

True but there's only so many twists you can do with repeating them after 16 seasons.

Loughc wrote: »
    True but there's only so many twists you can do with repeating them after 16 seasons.

Well they could at least try come up with something different, instead of being so tiresome and lazy.

Take for example the twist where someone is supposed to have left the house, but instead they're actually moved to a secret room where they spy on the other housemates. That was used once on Channel 4, out of 19 series (including celeb versions).

Channel 5 have done that "twist" 7 times in 13 series. It's not really a twist anymore when the housemates are fully expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

Hope TV3 will also be showing the celebrity version, the past few on C5 have been brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

bopper wrote: »
    Well they could at least try come up with something different, instead of being so tiresome and lazy.

Take for example the twist where someone is supposed to have left the house, but instead they're actually moved to a secret room where they spy on the other housemates. That was used once on Channel 4, out of 19 series (including celeb versions).

Channel 5 have done that "twist" 7 times in 13 series. It's not really a twist anymore when the housemates are fully expecting it.

I completely agree.

Also, the amount of outside influence has become ridiculous at this stage. The HM's should have no clue how popular or unpopular they are by getting tweets, messages or visitors from the outside world. If I had my way, I'd ban the baying mob on eviction nights too.

I'd really love it if they went back to basics and relied less on shocks and twists every few days. Like you say, they've become really tired at this stage and the HMs can see them coming a mile off. Just let them interact with each other, do their tasks and get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Might watch it, since TV3 will be showing it... Well if it's on the 3 player...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Might watch it, since TV3 will be showing it... Well if it's on the 3 player...

YouTube and avoid the 3 player adds. Every show is uploaded!

Mods could we get UK added to title also!

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    YouTube and avoid the 3 player adds. Every show is uploaded!

Mods could we get UK added to title also!

TV3 is one of the few players that allows me to block ads, and the playback is presumably better than on YouTube.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Shandashey wrote: »
    Hope TV3 will also be showing the celebrity version, the past few on C5 have been brilliant

Yes TV3 confirmed they'll be showing the celeb version too.

I completely agree.

Also, the amount of outside influence has become ridiculous at this stage. The HM's should have no clue how popular or unpopular they are by getting tweets, messages or visitors from the outside world. If I had my way, I'd ban the baying mob on eviction nights too.

I'd really love it if they went back to basics and relied less on shocks and twists every few days. Like you say, they've become really tired at this stage and the HMs can see them coming a mile off. Just let them interact with each other, do their tasks and get on with it.

The 'secret tasks ' have been done to death! anyone who goes into the house will know that.... Maybe Beck to basic will work but it might be a bit boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hey all! Nice to see all the usual bunch back here! Just moved home to Dublin from the UK so delighted I'll be able to watch it here!

I agree re the secret tasks etc, they've been done to death. I'll be interested to see if they can breathe new life into it. I'd also like to see more everyday people on it as opposed to the majority having prior media training/being really media savvy etc.

Merkin wrote: »
    I'd also like to see more everyday people on it as opposed to the majority having prior media training/being really media savvy etc.

Rylan already said there's a chance we could recognise a few of the them, so I'd say we can forget about everyday people. Also, they're revealing the housemates this year before the actual launch night, so I would imagine that's because there will be a few familiar faces in there.

bopper wrote: »
    Also, they're revealing the housemates this year before the actual launch night, so I would imagine that's because there will be a few familiar faces in there.

I don't understand this at all surely that's what celebrity big brother is for. Big brother should be a bunch of unknowns more grounded people that the public can connect with.

I'm tried of people desperate for fame anyway they can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Same old same old. Again not enough diversity in ages and backgrounds and too many model actor types. I miss the days when BB was normal folk.

I see they have an Irish girl from Dublin. What's a "spiritual model"?

Jade-Martina Lynch
    Big Brother 2015 Contestant
    Feisty spiritual model
    Home town: Dublin

I see they have an Irish girl from Dublin. What's a "spiritual model"?

Jade-Martina Lynch
    Big Brother 2015 Contestant
    Feisty spiritual model
    Home town: Dublin

I think they meant she's fiesty,spiritual and a model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

To quote Zoolander.
    A model.........idiot.

Hmmm... They all seem like people one would want to punch in the face, which may dissuade one from actually watching in the first place...

Then again one and I may not be the same...

Hmmm... They all seem like people one would want to punch in the face, which may dissuade one from actually watching in the first place...

Then again one and I may not be the same...

No I'm with you on this one. Face punches all around.

X Factor reject, Towie guest stars, aspiring musician, token black female who will inevitably be portrayed as some kind of villain, model, model, model....nothing new here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Disappointing lineup, entirely predictable. Just gotta hope the ones not used to acting up to the cameras (if there is even any of them!) knock the others out of their stride and bring their true colours out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I absolutely hate how they've revealed the housemates before the launch show.
    Part of the excitement for launch night is finding out who people are and what they're like.
    What was to gain by showing us them beforehand?
    Already the Irish one seems annoying.

Advertisement