Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn off Call Waiting Beep?

Options
  • 29-04-2015 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to turn off this feature on my Eircom landline phone? Nothing more annoying when talking to someone and hearing the beep every two seconds showing there is a call waiting on other side, It also blanks out the person you are talking to while the beep is emitted.
    Also the Battery in my handset doesnt last long at all anymore, am I entitled to a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

That beep is part of call waiting feature i believe, i dont think there is a way to remove the beep without removing that service. Best bet would be to contact 1901 and speak to a customer service person to confirm and remove this for you if required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Pangea wrote: »
    Is it possible to turn off this feature on my Eircom landline phone? Nothing more annoying when talking to someone and hearing the beep every two seconds showing there is a call waiting on other side, It also blanks out the person you are talking to while the beep is emitted.
    Also the Battery in my handset doesnt last long at all anymore, am I entitled to a new one?
    Hi Pangea.

Yes I can remove this for you. Would you like to PM me your account no & I will arrnage this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Any update on this Alan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Pangea wrote: »
    Any update on this Alan?
    Apologies for the delays Pangea

I have removed the call waiting for you now.

I can also confirm that you are not renting a phone from eircom and as a result it would be at your own discretion should you wish to explore getting a new land line phone. If you wish to find out details and prices on eircom purchased handsets please contact our sales team over WebChat here www.eircom.ie/chatnow or contact our sales team on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sorry to ask but is there a code to disable straight from the handset or do you have to do it for the account?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi CramCycle,

Thank you for getting in touch with us today.

If you would like for call waiting to be removed of your landline we would have to do this from your account. If you would like me to do this for you I would need you to DM me your full name, address and account number. 

Thanks,
    Leanne. 

Advertisement