Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tour de Yorkshire (spoilers tags required)

• 29-04-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

Seems worthwhile to have a thread for this given that Eddie Dunbar is racing and that there is good coverage on Eurosport over the three days, as follows :

Friday 1st
    14:30 Eurosport 2
    Live Cycling: Tour de Yorkshire - Stage 1: Bridlington - Scarborough (174km) (120min)

Saturday 2nd
    14:00 Eurosport 2
    Live Cycling: Tour de Yorkshire - Stage 2: Selby - York (174km) (120min)

Sunday 3rd
    15:30 Eurosport 1
    Live Cycling: Tour de Yorkshire - Stage 3: Wakefield - Leeds (167km) (90min)

As mentioned on the other 'eddie gone to the uk' thread, days 1 & 3 are filled with climbing with day 2 being one for the sprinters. Eddie is sure to feature if he gets any sort of a chance on days 1 and 3 and he is certainly ambitious but he is going to be competing with World Tour riders so it's not going to be easy. Matt Brammeier and Philip Deignan are also involved and so to is Marcel Kittel, Brad Wiggins, Thomas Voeckler and lots of others. Or should be great to see Eddie racing on this company and with the forecast for the weekend being pretty poor, weather could play a big part in the outcome of the race.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

I think itv4 also has coverage of this event for anyone who dosnt have eurosport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

With all these stage races on tv for the next while how are you meant to get any work done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

neris wrote: »
    With all these stage races on tv for the next while how are you meant to get any work done
    Back Dunbar to win every stage and then retire on your winnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

This will be interesting but it will be big step up for the local teams. Finishing in the bunch each day would be a decent achievement for Dunbar. You can't help dreaming about him on Greg Van Avermaet's wheel in attacks up the bergs of Yorkshire though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Back Dunbar to win every stage and then retire on your winnings.

and if he doesnt win I have to work to earn money to pay off all the bets I made :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    I think itv4 also has coverage of this event for anyone who dosnt have eurosport.

Highlights 7-8 pm each evening

And live at 2.30 tomorrow. 2.00 Saturday and 3.00 on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Ye bai, ye
    Five in a breakaway: @MarkChristian8 @LoicChetout @RasmusQuaade , Tom Stewart @EddieDunbar #TdY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Marcel Kittel has abandoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

**** Update: @EddieDunbar in the ambulance! Suspected broken clavicle. @letouryorkshire #TdY so sad after a brilliant start #devastated

• Advertisement

Deignan riding very strong ....in lead group of 5 with Nordhaug

Going to be an exciting finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

Eddie Dunbar has been voted as the most aggressive rider for Stage 1

Massive crowds

This is class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

That was a brilliant bit of bike racing; last 30km was very much like one of the classics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

JK.BMC wrote: »
    That was a brilliant bit of bike racing; last 30km was very much like one of the classics

Thanks for the spoilers there !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Rua_ri wrote: »
    Thanks for the spoilers there !

That's not really a spoiler to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    That's not really a spoiler to be fair.

Nope !

this is though
    * nothing to see here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Granolite

definitely more of a teaser than a spoiler!

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Why would you read a thread about this and not expect to see some spoilers?

If I plan on watching a replay of a race later on and don't want to know the result, the last place I'd be is on here reading a thread about it as the race is live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

De Bhál wrote: »

If I plan on watching a replay of a race later on and don't want to know the result, the last place I'd be is on here reading a thread about it as the race is live.
    Maybe you should read the sticky.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056898013

Helpfully it has the words "**Please Read**" in the thread title.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Lumen wrote: »

The thread title says "spoilers needed". I don't think the thread should even require spoiler tags!

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Philip Deignan answering questions on FB from 8.30pm if anyone wants to ask him about his season and life at SKY etc

https://www.facebook.com/TeamSky?fref=nf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Lumen wrote: »

I know the rules, I'm just wondering why anyone who doesn't want to know the outcome of a race would read this thread. Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I know the rules, I'm just wondering why anyone who doesn't want to know the outcome of a race would read this thread. Thanks anyway.

So that they can bitch and moan about those that do not use spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

I think Yorkshire looks a bit like the Ardennes; a good location for top bike racing. Never been to either myself so enjoyed watching it on the telly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

cracking days racing yorkshire shown at its best

#proudtobeyorkshire

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just want to point out that the spoiler rules are applied consistently, and entirely based on what the regulars in the forum wanted.

In the case of a stage race the solution is very simple - if you don't want to use spoiler tags, start a stage specific thread (which is what generally happens in the Grand Tours)

Regardless of that, this thread is for dicussing the race and not forum rules, so can everyone please get back on topic

Thanks

Deignan rode at the front nearly all day today ..before the crash, after the crash, on the climbs and into Scarborough ...He deserved the win more than Nordhaug IMO ...and Nordaugh never mentioned him in interviews ...while over in Switzerland Nico Roche has ridden so hard all week for Froome , on climbs on the flat ,etc and sky have no other fit climbers in the race ..both great domestiques and I hope they get their own chances or it would be a travesty

Matt Brammeier currently in the break with 6 others. They have 2m50sec with 47km left.

Just voted for Matt Brammeier for most aggressive rides at @letouryorkshire

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Slightly OT...but that Genesis bike is a beaut :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Been a great race so far. Especially enjoying the scenery and the showcasing of Yorkshire as a diverse region scenery wise.

Looking forward to tomorrows stage and the finish in Yorkshires best city :D

Looking forward to this race today ...going to be interesting...Route harder than it looks and the rain will add another dimension esp for SKY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Another tough stage today. Great support again too.

Advertisement