Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish soldiers. What is your day to day life like?

Options
  • 29-04-2015 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I don't know how to put this other than..
    I've always had my eye set on the army even though I'm not exactly what people would call army material.
    I'm unfit but training. I read more than most, I spent a good chunk of my time gaming and I love movies. So basically I'm a nerd.
    Would I lose most of what I love joining up? I understand how naive that question is but I'm a very naive person and that's why I'm here. I don't know what day to day life is like apart from you have a time to be awake by and be ready then you train and apparently after training you just shoot the ****. So what is there to do? I'm guessing there's wifi, tv's and xbox's about right?
    I don't know how else to ask this. I understand how childish I sound right now and how I wouldn't fit into being a soldier but it's what I want to do and I just need a grasp of what I'm going into in some way...

Advertisement