Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnant????

Options
  • 29-04-2015 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

So I was taking the pill albeit very badly in the last month. I missed more than two in the strip including some in the last week. Myself n the bf did the deed and I took two pills after that and never continued the strip and stayed off it. It's now nearly 3 weeks since I stopped and no sign of my period. So no idea if I ovulated or not. So no clue when is a good time to test. I did one 7 and 14 days after we had sex but both were negative. Home and dry I thought. But perhaps it was too early to test? I've been getting cramping in the last week or so. Which worries me because this was the first symptom I had on my first pregnancy. No other symptoms as such other that being a tad emotional. Even had a little cry at my desk in work today. Today the cramps are much worse. So what do people think? Do another test? Assume I'm not if I got two negative tests already? Maybe a trip to the doc might be best. I'm normally as regular as clockwork so something isn't right.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

How long ago did you take the last test? You can get a false negative if it's too early as there won't be enough pregnancy hormone to detect. It's also possible that messing about with the pill has affected your cycle. Take another test. First response is the most sensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 annabann

It's about a week since I last took a test. So I might take another one tomorrow and see what happens. First response is very accurate. I got a positive with it 5 days early with my first pregnancy. Now that was twins which might explain why my hcg levels were detectable. Still no sign of my period so I'm getting nervous now. I've since broken up with my boyfriend so it's not ideal and I haven't told him anything

Advertisement