Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring money to foreign bank account.

Options
  • 29-04-2015 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me, with the new Iban and bic numbers does this make it easy to transfer money into a foreign account from my bank account?

I am going to rent a property in Spain and the agent sent me the BIC and IBAN numbers.

Also would it be possible to do this with an online account?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Thanks Fred, the problem with the above for me is that I don't know what a payment card and code generator is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Thanks again Fred. I dont have blue card reader so I will go to my local bank tomorrow to do transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Thanks again Fred. I dont have blue card reader so I will go to my local bank tomorrow to do transfer.

Not all banks use card readers. You haven't told us who you bank with: they all have slightly different methods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

Might be worth a look at the likes of CurrencyFair OP, much lower fees and better exchange rates for international transfers. Can't say I've used it myself but on the surface it looks very handy and beneficial.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Not all banks use card readers. You haven't told us who you bank with: they all have slightly different methods

I am with PTSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You can add a payee in open24.ie and pay them online.
    You will be send a text message with a security code while you create the payee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

As long as the transaction is euro to euro then it is dead easy.
    We have transferred money a few times to Estonia from the PTSB portal and it is very straight forward.

eezipc wrote: »
    As long as the transaction is euro to euro then it is dead easy.
    We have transferred money a few times to Estonia from the PTSB portal and it is very straight forward.

Thanks, I'm just back from bank, I could have done on the phone by ringing the open 24 number. It cost 50cent to transfer €450. Very painless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement