Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inexpensive tinted moisturiser?

Options
  • 29-04-2015 11:40pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I tend to use a tinted moisturiser in the summer as its lighter and easier for warmer weather. I used Nivea's last year, but found it too dark for my skin as I'm very fair and it only comes in one colour which was a bit too orangey for me.

I don't want to spend too much (can't afford to!), but I need something that's really natural, but gives good coverage & evens things out! I have slightly sensitive skin, so anything too perfumey won't be good for my skin.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I tend to use a tinted moisturiser in the summer as its lighter and easier for warmer weather. I used Nivea's last year, but found it too dark for my skin as I'm very fair and it only comes in one colour which was a bit too orangey for me.

I don't want to spend too much (can't afford to!), but I need something that's really natural, but gives good coverage & evens things out! I have slightly sensitive skin, so anything too perfumey won't be good for my skin.

Any recommendations?

The Skin 79 BB Creams are amazing and I use these in the place of tinted moisturiser in the summer months. They are only a couple of euro each, most are shipped from Korea and they only cost a couple of euros a piece. You can get sample kits which will have smaller sizes of the different varieties. These are all very pale, I have tried pink, orange, gold, green and purple, I like them all for different things. These are not orange in tone- like most Korean BBs they are supposed to be brightening. They have lots of skincare benefits. I've done an indepth "ultimate" review on my blog and I've swatched them all side by side if you were interested in the different colour choices. I am not allowed to post links here but if you google it, you should come across loads of reviews and posts.

For your reference, I also have very sensitive skin and these creams did not aggravate it in the slightest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Dove is brillant, its the one in the gold bottle.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Dove is brillant, its the one in the gold bottle.

can't use Dove products, they irritate my skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Bourjois CC cream :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I saw that Beaut.ie recommended a Revlon BB cream. So many of them around, its so hard to choose!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Redberry

My favourite is clinique's tinted moisturizer! However, my sister convinced me to try her Lacura (aldi) CC cream and I've gone & got it myself now. Lovely & light :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

Also use the Aldi one now and again!
    I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked with my skin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I second the Bourjois CC cream. It's very natural on and has decent enough coverage. I'm on my third bottle!

I'm super pale and the lightest shade is perfect on me. Think its only something like 13 euro.

MissElle wrote: »
    I second the Bourjois CC cream. It's very natural on and has decent enough coverage. I'm on my third bottle!

I'm super pale and the lightest shade is perfect on me. Think its only something like 13 euro.

thanks, its worth considering so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i only use No.7 BB creme (purple bottle for fair skin)

I'm quite sallow but with a weird shade skin that is always fair or ivory haha! yet i go very brown!!

anyway,

i use this bb every day in the summer (with bronzer)
    LOVE IT

also, helps when you get 6.50 off it sometimes with the voucher!

• Advertisement

with these BB creams, would you get most of the day out of it, and would you put a bit of powder on with them?

I use Bare Minerals liquid serum foundation at the moment, but I noticed that they are now doing a BB moisturising cream, although its a bit pricey, €27 in Debenhams! I was hoping to spend a bit less but if its good I might be tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i use powder too, but i get oily skin at times

Advertisement