Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 29-04-2015 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm from Dublin, currently living in Edinburgh and will be moving back to Dublin with work in July, and I'm worried about finding accommodation!

I keep an eye on daft and there seems to be a good few rooms available, but from what I've heard finding a room to rent could be a bit of a nightmare?

I'll be working on Baggot st, and would like a nice double room within 20 minutes walking distance. Can pay max 800 pm but I'd be looking for my own bathroom for that price.

Will I need to lower my standards? Are rooms advertised on daft these days likely to receive hundreds of applicants making it pot luck?

I'm a 27 year old male professional.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

There's a lot of Facebook groups which could be another option. We tried daft and got almost no interest in the room we advertised, but got 10x the interest by posting in groups. Try rent in Dublin, the ideal housemate etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Volovo

on_my_oe wrote: »
    There's a lot of Facebook groups which could be another option. We tried daft and got almost no interest in the room we advertised, but got 10x the interest by posting in groups. Try rent in Dublin, the ideal housemate etc.

I've found its only foreign students/workers in those groups that are looking for the cheapest available accommodation and as close to temple bar as possible. i.e. sharing a room with 2 or three others.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Warrior1916

I have been renting out 2 rooms in my house 7 years now. My advice is come the start of August you will see rooms snapped up...students, teachers, nurse interns the lot! I would start looking asap before all the influx of people start looking. I have had housemates who went abroad contact me to ask if old room available. I could have someone move out in August on a Saturday morning and have someone move in the room that afternoon. I have done that a few times.

Advertisement