Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming events in South Australia - May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

terry sky wrote: »
    Most of these sound about as exciting as a Sunday drive apart from the odd one or two.
    Basically nothing is happening in Adelaide as always.

-Unless you like mother's day lunch, beach clean ups and antique fairs.

Dude do you work for SA tourism or something ?
    If so you are not doing a good job. Get your game face on.

Ahh Adelaide I love thee so .... hmm

Oh Terry, did you join boards just to write that for me? I feel honoured. Though, there's probably better things to with your internet privileges than to troll me..

Sure, like your wit, some of the events around South Australia are a bit damp. But that doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed by everyone. Why not look back through my previous posts to see some of the more exciting events that do occur during the year. And no, I don't work for SA Tourism. Some of us just like to participate in something commonly referred to as a community. Maybe one day you can manage to get that giant chip of your shoulder, or whatever other resentment you have, and join in.

in the mean time, here's another one, just for you;
    Free entry and family fun in Belair National Park
    Enjoy a host of outdoor fun and activities when South Australia’s oldest national park – Belair National Park – holds a FREE discoveryday on Sunday 3 May.
    With no charge to enter the park on the day, the special park event runs from 10 am – 4 pm. The free activities will include guided walks and guided bike rides, including a challenging obstacle course for more adventurous riders.
    Visitors will have the chance to hold animals from Cleland Wildlife Park, learn about water bugs, join an orienteering session, attend a garden design workshop or take a guided tour of Old Government House.
    Members of the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources Fire Management Team will be on hand to chat and answer your questions and there will be displays from various local community groups.
    Enjoy live music, coffee and delicious food stalls or take advantage of the free barbecue facilities.
    Presented by Natural Resources Adelaide Mount Lofty Ranges, find more information about the Belair National Park Discovery Day at http://www.naturalresources.sa.gov.au/adelaidemtloftyranges/discoverydays.
    luv & hugs
    WM

• Registered Users Posts: 1 terry sky

Oh Terry, did you join boards just to write that for me? I feel honoured. Though, there's probably better things to with your internet privileges than to troll me..

Sure, like your wit, some of the events around South Australia are a bit damp. But that doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed by everyone. Why not look back through my previous posts to see some of the more exciting events that do occur during the year. And no, I don't work for SA Tourism. Some of us just like to participate in something commonly referred to as a community. Maybe one day you can manage to get that giant chip of your shoulder, or whatever other resentment you have, and join in.

in the mean time, here's another one, just for you;

luv & hugs
    WM

I don't have a problem with Adelaide. I love Adelaide. Not sure what your at that is all.
    There is a thing called the internet and i am sure people can find out what is going on
    by using it. Perhaps people find it handy and you like sharing. Good for you for taking the time to do it and caring.

Sorry if 'trolled' you. Bad day perhaps.

All the best
    Peace and Love

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

Most of these sound about as exciting as a Sunday drive apart from the odd one or two.
    Basically nothing is happening in Adelaide as always.

-Unless you like mother's day lunch, beach clean ups and antique fairs.

Dude do you work for SA tourism or something ?
    If so you are not doing a good job. Get your game face on.

Ahh Adelaide I love thee so .... hmm

Really missing the likes of you over here to tell us how crap our town is. Showdown tomorrow. Wish you were'nt here!!! Wooly, you keep doing what you do. There will always be begrudges out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

I don't have a problem with Adelaide. I love Adelaide. Not sure what your at that is all.
    There is a thing called the internet and i am sure people can find out what is going on
    by using it. Perhaps people find it handy and you like sharing. Good for you for taking the time to do it and caring.

Sorry if 'trolled' you. Bad day perhaps.

All the best
    Peace and Love

That's fair enough for me Terry - everyone has their bad days, and crap that just ticks them off. Sure I've had my own fair share.

Yeah, people can lookup events like these online, and the primary tourism site www.southaustralia.com has a lot of good info. But imho, it's got a pretty crap layout, the search doesn't work properly, and it's not simple to see everything that's happening here over the next 4 weeks - not so good when you're on your way here and looking around for stuff to do. I get my list as part of an internal distribution list at work. It's clean and easy, and has what's on in the next month. So I just copy & paste here, to the community forum.

I think most Boards users, and unregistered visitors, visiting this forum are probably intent on coming to Australia, either soon, or in the near future. Lots of people ask about visas, how to get here, what's the work situation like, where's a good place to live, etc. I think it's good to break it up a bit, and show what Australia is like culturally as well. That's really what i'm at.

Advertisement