Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit Query

Options
  • 30-04-2015 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Hi There, 

My partner and I pay our bills to Electric Ireland by direct debit yet we received a bill for our gas yesterday saying that we owed arrears from the previous billing cycle. 

Can anyone tell me why this would happen? 

We now have a bill to pay of double the amount we budgeted for which is incredibly inconvenient. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi IrishAlice,

We would need to review your account, but one suggestion: are you a member of Powering Rewards, the Electric Ireland rewards scheme? The €10 credit for accumulating SuperValu shopping points can appear in the way that you described, if it is availed of prior to the bill being issued.

If you private message us your Electric Ireland account number, name and address in full, and the telephone number we would have for you, we will review your account ASAP.

A payment plan can be set up no problem if payment of a bill in full by its due date is not possible.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement