Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Docklands 5k

Options
  • 28-04-2015 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Just to let everyone know. Crusaders AC is organising a new version of an old race: the Docklands 5K to be run at 7:30 on Thursday 18 June. An out and back course along the quays. Promises to be fast!

Entries via precision Timing to be in by 15 June. Website is: www.docklands5k.com

email if needed is:crudocklands@gmail.com.

Team (3 in all male, all female and mixed) and individual event. Entry is €20 (plus admin fee) per runner.

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 24 votes

5 Star (Excellent)
    0% 0 votes
    4 Star (Good)
    54% 13 votes
    3 Star (Average)
    37% 9 votes
    2 Star (Poor)
    0% 0 votes
    1 Star (Terrible)
    8% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SliM Dedalus

This was leafleted after the night run on Sunday, although I could find very little info on line this week.

Anyone here know when it is on and the proposed route?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

This was leafleted after the night run on Sunday, although I could find very little info on line this week.

Anyone here know when it is on and the proposed route?

All on the website http://www.docklands5k.com/

Organised by Crusaders Running club, so should be a good race and a very fast course.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

Think its Crusaders AC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SliM Dedalus

Thanks didn't come up on google/ yahoo searches for me.

Looks good. Will sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

The club is working on getting the event further up the search results. There's also a link through FB and Twitter. Registration is via Precision Timing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

This looks cool.

Anyone know if this will sell out? How late can we leave it to enter online. I just want to make sure I'm defo around before I sign up.

Pink11 wrote: »
    This looks cool.

Anyone know if this will sell out? How late can we leave it to enter online. I just want to make sure I'm defo around before I sign up.

The race will have a limit of 3,000 runners and so registration will be limited to the earlier of hitting that number and 15 June. Precision should give updates as to where the numbers stand hopefully. But best to be sure and sign up early! Note that Samsung had 5,500 on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

Have done the previous version of this race a few times (when it was the Docklands Fun Run and was an 8k course going out by Sandymount and the East Link bridge) and always enjoyed it so am delighted to see it back on the calendar, albeit as a different course and as a 5k.........and the fact that an athletics club in Crusaders are organising it can only be a good thing :)

Thanks, think I'll sign up in the next week.

Be good motivation to do some speed work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Facebook page is here:

https://www.facebook.com/crusaders5k

Won't be running this myself but as a Cru member I'm sure I'll be out stewarding or otherwise occupied on the sidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Bobbyboy9999

Looking forward to this, have done the previous incarnation and its definitely a PB race - very flat.

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Miccko

I ran the course and it's super flat...so definitely one to aim for a PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

I'm helping out with the organisation of this race and plans are going really well. We've been granted AAI certification so all we need now is the sun to shine on the evening of June 18th

Keep an eye on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/crusaders5k?fref=ts
    for up to-date news and some pre-race competitions over the next few weeks.

Miccko wrote: »
    I ran the course and it's super flat...so definitely one to aim for a PB.
    +1. I'll try and post a Garmin link to the course later next week.

Marthastew wrote: »
    I'm helping out with the organisation of this race and plans are going really well. We've been granted AAI certification so all we need now is the sun to shine on the evening of June 18th

Keep an eye on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/crusaders5k?fref=ts
    for up to-date news and some pre-race competitions over the next few weeks.

+1. I'll try and post a Garmin link to the course later next week.

Yep. The course has been accurately measured by a certified measurer, so no opportunity for boardsies to complain!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

All going well this will be my first 5k race.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bobbyboy9999

best of luck Greenmachine, its a good choice for a first 5km - pretty flat and should be a great crowd to cheer you on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I know it's a small point and I'm not trying to take away from the organisation of this but they could have taken people who don't work in the city centre into consideration when coming up with the registration times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I know it's a small point and I'm not trying to take away from the organisation of this but they could have taken people who don't work in the city centre into consideration when coming up with the registration times.

That's not ideal alright if there is no facility to pick up your number on the night. You should ask them on their FB page about registering/pick up on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

PaulieC wrote: »
    That's not ideal alright if there is no facility to pick up your number on the night. You should ask them on their FB page about registering/pick up on the night.

I managed to organise a client meeting in town on the Wednesday so I should be ok but there are probably a good few people not so lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Shakakan

Done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I just read the blurb from the website
    Registration will be in the Waterways Visitor Centre which is close to the Grand Canal Square. You can collect up your race number and FREE tech running T-shirt on any of the following days: Tuesday 16th June, Wednesday 17th June and Thursday June 18th. Open from 10.00 to 5 0'Clock each day. SO don't get caught in a last minute rush - collect early

TBH the last sentence indicates to me that you probably can collect on the night of the race; they are just requesting that people who can do so should collect it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

menoscemo wrote: »
    I just read the blurb from the website

TBH the last sentence indicates to me that you probably can collect on the night of the race; they are just requesting that people who can do so should collect it earlier.

Possibly indicating and clearly stating aren't quite the same :P. I live less than a mile away from the place and I can't collect at those times. Although, come to think of it, that's the point of having secondary school kids...

Totally understand the frustration on the pick up times!

I work in city centre so I'm ok. But to be honest I wish every race gave you the option to have your number posted out to you if times are awkward (I would gladly pay the cost).

Just finished signing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭marchino

Is this race still open for entries?
    Any link if so..
    Thanks in advance
    marchino.

marchino wrote: »
    Is this race still open for entries?
    Any link if so..
    Thanks in advance
    marchino.

It's still open yes, I registered last night.

Link: http://www.docklands5k.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Registration is open until June 15th
    http://registration.precisiontiming.co.uk/events/preview?id=189

I can definitely see your point. I'll double check what time number collection is open until on the evening. The website says until 5pm but obviously that doesn't help anyone who was planning on collecting just before the race. I'll get back as soon as I have more info about this. In the meantime if the times don't change and anyone here who has registered is having problems picking up their number PM me and I'll try and sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,449 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'd love to join up, but I don't see how I can considering those collection times. I don't work in the city centre and I'm not taking a 1/2 day off work just to go and collect a t-shirt.

Its a shame, it looks like a lot of fun.

If anyone is stuck I would be happy to collect your no/tshirt for you and meet you before the race to hand it over? Say 25mins before the race?

I'd love to join up, but I don't see how I can considering those collection times. I don't work in the city centre and I'm not taking a 1/2 day off work just to go and collect a t-shirt.

Its a shame, it looks like a lot of fun.

We're seeing if we can expand the times. Need to check with the host first. Will let everyone know what we can arrange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭unirunner2

i am tempted to run it, but just wondering with the numbers at 3000 runners, is it very congested at the start and throughtout, seems a lot of runners for a shortish race!
    i would like to do it and would be aiming for sub 20, but with that number, it probably be toughish

Advertisement