Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Docklands 5k

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Pink11 wrote: »
    Absolutely brilliant, well done to Crusaders AC on the first year of this. Great stewarding and encouragement along the way. We need more runs like this mid week after work!

Pick up was very quick and smooth. Loved that the t-shirts came in XS. Those man size tech tops can be really sloppy and loose on us short ladies!

My time isn't showing up on the site and the suspense is killing me! I've sent through a query as prompted with as much detail as possible and was told they will get back to me asap.

Where the pacers accurate?

I came in well before the 25 pacer so I just hope I did it in a good time. Was trying to catch the 20 pacer but I'm not on top form.

I found the weather really tough this week for running. Hard to breath! Think it's my hayfever? I did this little 5k run to keep me on track as I had been away for a few days and needed something to keep me on the straight and narrow!

The times went up straight away so you can find out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

Quite enjoyed that.

It was my fastest 5k in about 3 years, but the course was excellent - flat, fast and not at all like the wind tunnel I'd expected. Very well chosen course.

It was well stewarded too, plenty of encouragement given. The tourists joined in too, reinforcing the benefit of Crusaders going with a race in the heart of the city. Given the number of workplace t-shirts I think there was good buy-in from the companies in the docklands and IFSC.

One slight delay with the Gardaí closing the roads but hardly noticeable, and tbh quite expected if running a city centre race.

Hopefully Crusaders could seek to get this firmly settled in the June race calendar, though the Point, the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, the Conference thingy all compete for 'major event' time in the city council's calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

bluewolf wrote: »
    The times went up straight away so you can find out now :)

Mine isn't showing up but I sent in a query to Precision. Hopefully it's just a once off error.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Mine isn't showing up but I sent in a query to Precision. Hopefully it's just a once off error.

I'm so sorry I didn;t see that line :o
    I was mostly posting it cos I wouldn't have checked til tomorrow morning, was surprised they had them up so fast

^ no problem!

To anyone following the pacers, were they accurate? (sorry that is just helping me guess my time. I didn't check the clock when I went over it at the start line!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

^ no problem!

To anyone following the pacers, were they accurate? (sorry that is just helping me guess my time. I didn't check the clock when I went over it at the start line!)

Sometimes the chips can get damaged, but don't despair: they should have a video of the finish available tomorrow. If you look at it around the time you'd hope to have crossed the line (e.g. 24 mins start-to-finish plus 45 secs to reach start line, i.e. a 'clock' time of 24:45 for a 'chip' time of 24:00) then you should be ok. You can say to them "this is me, number 4321, crossing the line at 24:45 on clock".

You can then eye up the finish times of the people who cross the line at the same time as you, e.g. you might find a 24:45 that was actually 22:00 on the chip, as the gal was stuck right at the back of the starting pack. Similarly you might find another in the video who crosses at 24:45 for a 24:40 chip time, and so you can go "has he no shame? elbowing the elite athletes aside on the starting line, but I caught him on the finish line and was probably 30 secs faster than him had I a chip time".

Of course there's the possibility that you won't recognise yourself in the video. I regularly go "who's that 40-something guy that looks like he's about to collapse and clutch his chest? ... oh, it's me".

Thanks so much for that. I'd be gutted not to get my time. I'll check the video when it's up.

I kept the chip/number perfectly flat so it's weird this happened. These things happen I guess!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Judging by my relative position between the 25 & 30 pacers they were probably about right, but I couldn't tell you exactly how accurate they were.

EDIT: While I'm here, good job Crusaders! I don't run many races, but it was well organized.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

So have never ran a 5k before should I be looking at my Gross Time or Nett time in results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

So have never ran a 5k before should I be looking at my Gross Time or Nett time in results ?

Net time. That's the time it took you to run 5k. Gross time includes the walk/jog to the starting line. Depending on where you lined up your gross time could be more than a minute slower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Glad folks enjoyed it! It was fun to be part of the marshal team :) Talk about perfect weather for an evening run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭unirunner2

Excellent race, went with the 20 minutes pacers for the first km and then went ahead, fniished with 18:50, very happy,

well organised, good cheering from the sideline. perfect conditions for a race.

well done to the organisers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Run and Jump

+1 for all the positive comments about this race - well done to the Crusaders marshals, pacers and volunteers. Excellent organisation and a great event.

I went out hard for a new PB but faded badly in the last km and missed the PB by 10 seconds; still, ran a decent time on a fast course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Really enjoyed this race also.
    Almost managed the sub 20 (20:06) and the OH managed a 32 sec PB to smash 25 (24:40)!

Very fast course although I thought it was easier running into the breeze rather than with it.
    The North quays on the return leg was great with the cooling air flow but once we turned back for home on the South quays my core temperature rose several degrees in only a few steps!
    C'mon Crusaders, sort that out for next year!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Well run J, that's a nice time! We'll see if we can sort out some cooling rain for you next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Great race, really enjoyed it & all of the people out cheering on even the stragglers like myself was brilliant. Got myself a PB too so in general was delighted with it. Only fault was PA not quite loud enough - difficult to hear behind 30min pacers with the result that the moment's silence which Crusader's AC tried to have for the Berkeley victims didnt quite work as many people didnt hear what was said, but it was a lovely tribute nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

belcarra wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this race also.
    Almost managed the sub 20 (20:06) and the OH managed a 32 sec PB to smash 25 (24:40)!

Very fast course although I thought it was easier running into the breeze rather than with it.
    The North quays on the return leg was great with the cooling air flow but once we turned back for home on the South quays my core temperature rose several degrees in only a few steps!
    C'mon Crusaders, sort that out for next year!!;)

Well done to both of you!! no doubt you will take that 6 seconds off soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Saw lots of people taking photos, anyone know if these were official or where the photos can be seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

swervring wrote: »
    Saw lots of people taking photos, anyone know if these were official or where the photos can be seen?

I think some of the crusaders marshals were taking photos - they're on the race facebook page. They've been adding more daily - some great shots.
    https://www.facebook.com/crusaders5k/photos_stream

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

swervring wrote: »

There are loads up on the Facebook page - more put up this morning! https://www.facebook.com/crusaders5k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

The Crusaders' organised race is on again this year. This time it will be on the evening of Thursday 14 July, to avoid clashes with local venues. The fast out-and-back course remains unchanged and there will be the same approach of individuals and teams of 3 (mixed in any combination, all male or all female). Website is: http://www.docklands5k.com/ and there is also a link there to register on: https://athleticsireland.primo-events.com/ps/event/Docklands5K. Entry is 20 +processing fee per runner. Hope to see everyone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

A new thread has been started here for the 2016 event: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057607529

Advertisement