Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lip repositioning for gummy smile.

• 30-04-2015 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

I have a gummy smile and have been doing some research online for this procedure. I know botox is an option for it but at €250 every 4 months, I'm looking for a one off treatment. I don't need laser on the gumline as I'm happy with the size of my teeth, it's just the top lip lifts too high.....hereditary!
    Have looked at the lip repositoning procedure but can't find any info from Ireland. Is it a dentist, periodontist or cosmetic dentistry procedure? Anyone know who does it or has got it done here before?
    Any idea on the cost? Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I dont know of anyone offering this surgery in ireland , it is usually a plastic surgery procedure or maxilliofacial surgery procedure. It does not work for patient with severe vertical maxillary excess which is the most common reason for showing a lot of gum.

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

I have seen some good results for some people with this procedure but it only works for certain people and as fitz said I don't know of anyone in Ireland doing this procedure. Obviously it being a specialized procedure it is important to find someone who has experience with it and knows if it will work for you or not. It seems to be the domain of periodontists in the US so maybe a periodontist here might be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I thought it would be a simple enough procedure like stitching the top lip along the gumline-not the repositioning of the jaw surgery? How about the botox then? Recommended? To be honest, i can easily live with it but was just curious to the options that were available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

GaGa21 wrote: »
    I thought it would be a simple enough procedure like stitching the top lip along the gum-line

See the photos here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3118080/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Oh God, more serious than I thought. Great end result tho. Surprised it's not on offer over here. Ah well, I'll keep on smilin anyway. Thanks for all the info!

• Advertisement
Advertisement