Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Isle of Man TT 2015 - **No Spoilers**

• 30-04-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all,

Would love to got to the TT this year to chalk it of the list

any ideas on how to get there and where to stay

how much money wud need etc ?

Cheers all...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

You need to book it a year in advance in all fairness, doubt you'll get accommodation, at this late stage, for this year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

Thanks Mesrine65

Could i boat it and sleep rough?

theenergy wrote: »
    Thanks Mesrine65

Could i boat it and sleep rough?
    Plenty of organised camp sites you might blag your way into :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I decided to head over a couple of years back a week or two beforehand. Had to fly cause boats were booked. All worked out well.

Walked into a bar on the prom (Jaks) and the owner sorted us with a spot to stay just round the corner. Cheap enough too.

Bring a tent though, not everyone is as lucky as I am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

what is the atmosphere like and the general vibe ?

is it good craic?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dude has the Go Pro camera practically in front of his two eyes ffs.....lol. Very well made good vid all the same....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

A gang of us have been going on and off since 2002, going this year for the first time without bikes, they got in the way of drinking last year �� you should still be able to book as foot passenger on ferry, most likely through Belfast though. Try homestay on tt website for somewhere to stay, locals rent out their houses for the couple of weeks, sure beats tenting it! I love the TT, if you have even a passing interest in bikes there is nowhere else like it in the world. Its hard not to get sucked in by the atmosphere, the locals love bikes, the TT is their bread and butter every year and they couldn't be more welcoming. This year is looking like it will be the closest racing in years, book it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

The atmosphere is good. So good, in fact, that I didn't actually manage to see any racing whatsoever while I was there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

Great to see a bit of action tonight. Looks like Micky D is sticking with the R1. (It was just gossip).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

AgileMyth wrote: »
    The atmosphere is good. So good, in fact, that I didn't actually manage to see any racing whatsoever while I was there!!

Haha!
    I probably have a similar tale to yours.
    I booked a b&b for 4 nights.
    Dropped my bag to the room when I arrived and the next time I saw the b&b was about 2 hours before my flight left for home.
    The owner said the least he could do was drop me to the airport seeing as I didn't use the room.

What a bumper long weekend :pac::pac:
    I did manage to squeeze in some racing though!

Sad news from the island tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Very Sad RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

From the sad news of last night (RIP) to pretty crazy news this morning Michael Dunlop leaving yamaha in the middle of practice week? I know they'd be struggling with the bike so far but seems odd to leave a time mid meeting and go jump on another bike?

demixed wrote: »
    From the sad news of last night (RIP) to pretty crazy news this morning Michael Dunlop leaving yamaha in the middle of practice week? I know they'd be struggling with the bike so far but seems odd to leave a time mid meeting and go jump on another bike?

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to M Dunlop.

So the gossip was right. The r1 wasn't going to get anywhere near 6laps. The way it was burning oil last night ( & nw200) it's a wonder he dident get black flagged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i wouldnt be changing my bike, I'd be changing my trousers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

blade1 wrote: »

Was that his team mate? Is there even a team mate?

Was that his team mate? Is there even a team mate?

I think that was him being passed by Ian Hutchinson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Tomorrow's scheduled 6 lap Superbike race has been postponed to Sunday (2pm) due to high winds. However tomorrow's Race 1 for the Sidecars goes ahead as will additional practice for the solo's

www.iomtt.com

You can follow live timing for practice and during racing on http://ttlive.iomtt.com/

Live coverage on 1368AM [if you can get a clear signal] on online from www.manxradio.com on the AM link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

F**k me that Yamaha was shaking the head all over the place. Pitching up and down a lot too.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Alfonzito

Is the any TV coverage apart from ITV4 which I don't have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭gipi

Alfonzito wrote: »
    Is the any TV coverage apart from ITV4 which I don't have?

No, there isn't.

If you're a sky customer you can get itv4 as an extra channel (a quick google will get the numbers you need)

If you're not a sky customer, try filmon.tv for itv4

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Alfonzito

Great, thank you! Have Sky and just googled set up ! Looking forward to watching tonight !

Alfonzito wrote: »
    Great, thank you! Have Sky and just googled set up ! Looking forward to watching tonight !

Tonight?????
    Highlights on today at 10.55am!!!!
    In 17 minutes!

Alan Bonner is flying . 20th fastest overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

gipi wrote: »
    No, there isn't.

If you're a sky customer you can get itv4 as an extra channel (a quick google will get the numbers you need)

If you're not a sky customer, try filmon.tv for itv4

Thanks for that. I've never heard of that site, brilliant stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭gipi

blade1 wrote: »
    Tonight?????
    Highlights on today at 10.55am!!!!
    In 17 minutes!

The morning programmes are a repeat of the show from the night before.

No racing today (Saturday) due to the weather. Sidecar race rescheduled for Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 lorcanfarrell

Is there any way to access the ITV player from Ireland so that I can see the programs for the last week, I hate that its on ITV4, I've tried every which way to access the player itself but to no avail.Any help appreciated.

Advertisement