Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Isle of Man TT 2015 - **No Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Is there any way to access the ITV player from Ireland so that I can see the programs for the last week, I hate that its on ITV4, I've tried every which way to access the player itself but to no avail.Any help appreciated.

http://www.filmon.com/tv/itv4 should get it on here,

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lorcanfarrell

That will get the live ITV 4 feed but not the ITV player. I cant see the Highlights at 9pm each night so would love to see them on the ITV player.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

Great race, looking forward to itv4 coverage . Hope Micky D is ok, bad luck getting caught up with the backmarker, I think he was going for the lap record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭gipi

Is there any way to access the ITV player from Ireland so that I can see the programs for the last week, I hate that its on ITV4, I've tried every which way to access the player itself but to no avail.Any help appreciated.

There's a program called Hideaway (from firetrust, who own mailwasher) that allows you to hide your ip address.

You can download for free, it will work but pauses now and again. To remove the pauses, you've got to buy it.

Have used with bbc iplayer, should be ok for itv player too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

roroliam wrote: »
    Great race, looking forward to itv4 coverage . Hope Micky D is ok, bad luck getting caught up with the backmarker, I think he was going for the lap record.

He was going for the win :)
    The last lap he put in was nothing short of incredible! Real shame in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Lack of setup time on the BMW cost MD, he might have done it if he had time on the bike but Anstey would have been hard to beat, he was super smooth.

I'm not sure anymore practice would have benefitted him. He was on a real charge in the later laps. If MD had a faultless pit he would have challenged Bruce and would have been equal odds to win. I'm delighted for Anstey and gutted for MD, but that's racing. Hope he's 100% for the rest of the week, but it seems he took a pounding from his off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This is all I could find on MD's crash
    Did they show it on ITV?
    I was working so missed it.
    [http://youtu.be/huWjIansCqQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

blade1 wrote: »
    This is all I could find on MD's crash
    Did they show it on ITV?
    I was working so missed it.
    [http://youtu.be/huWjIansCqQ

They showed on board footage I think.

Cracker of a supersport race. Well done Huchy, back on the top step where he belongs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

roroliam wrote: »
    Cracker of a supersport race. Well done Huchy, back on the top step where he belongs.

It has been a long road of recovery for him fair play, was watching him at the NW200 and he was well quick.

FFS for future reference if people are going to post spoilers please use the little black button to the right that says spoiler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

CJhaughey wrote: »
    FFS for future reference if people are going to post spoilers please use the little black button to the right that says spoiler!

Yeah please, especially since a lot people are only watching on ITV every evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Man arrested at the TT and sentenced to 8 weeks in prison and banned from the Isle of Man for walking on the road when they were closed during the delay yesterday.

Maybe a bit harsh, a ban is bad enough but jail for 8 weeks. :eek:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-33049021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Yeah please, especially since a lot people are only watching on ITV every evening.

Bad form by ITV not showing the supersport highlights last night..i like to listen to Radio TT , but now i cant listen today as i dont want to know the result....:mad:

Man arrested at the TT and sentenced to 8 weeks in prison and banned from the Isle of Man for walking on the road when they were closed during the delay yesterday.

Maybe a bit harsh, a ban is bad enough but jail for 8 weeks. :eek:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-33049021
    What happens when the roads are reopened and a spectator walks into the path of a bike doing 190mph because he didn't know the roads are reopened?
    It wouldn't be good.
    Thats what deterrent sentences are supposed to do.
    Its a fast bit of road and having some drunk numpty abusing the marshals and acting the twat is just asking for trouble, he must have done more than just walk up the road if he was charged with public order offences as well.
    Good on the IOM, I hope he enjoys his last stay on the Island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

CJhaughey wrote: »
    What happens when the roads are reopened and a spectator walks into the path of a bike doing 190mph because he didn't know the roads are reopened?
    It wouldn't be good.
    Thats what deterrent sentences are supposed to do.
    Its a fast bit of road and having some drunk numpty abusing the marshals and acting the twat is just asking for trouble, he must have done more than just walk up the road if he was charged with public order offences as well.
    Good on the IOM, I hope he enjoys his last stay on the Island.

Completely agree, will soon deter anyone else from doing it when they get a sentence like that. Complete disregard for the rules and for there own safety.

Good to see it enforced, seen plenty of near misses to often.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

Bad form by ITV not showing the supersport highlights last night..i like to listen to Radio TT , but now i cant listen today as i dont want to know the result....:mad:

Sure what time did the race finish ? Bit much to expect them to edit a race and have it ready to air in less than an hour .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Well they did show the sidecar action at 1.05 AM :eek:
    I'm sure they'll show Supersport 1 and the Stockers tonight @ 9pm and as an added bonus 'Joey, the man who conquered the TT' @ 10pm

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads please use spoiler tags and try not to give away the results to those who are waiting to watch it on the replays...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Anyone else find ITV4 sound quality a bit crap when the lads are talking (a good thing when Parrish opens his gob tho).

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Completely agree, will soon deter anyone else from doing it when they get a sentence like that. Complete disregard for the rules and for there own safety.

Good to see it enforced, seen plenty of near misses to often.

Absolutely...seems like theres always a lot of knobheads messing around and causing delays .....
    jay48 wrote: »
    Sure what time did the race finish ? Bit much to expect them to edit a race and have it ready to air in less than an hour .

Why.?..theres enough of them over there they could have shown it at 11 or something....like we havent seen "Closer to the hedge " ten times already...:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Good doco on Joey Dunlop on ITV4 right now

Zascar wrote: »
    Good doco on Joey Dunlop on ITV4 right now

At least this programme is in order!

ALAN BONNER . Another super ride. Would love to see him get a top 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Good days racing today, looking forward to the senior on Friday.

Did anybody catch the noise on Manx radio from the Kawasaki h2r yesterday. Unreal, you could hear it for miles before it passed Glen Helen and Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

jvan wrote: »
    Did anybody catch the noise on Manx radio from the Kawasaki h2r yesterday. Unreal, you could hear it for miles before it passed Glen Helen and Ramsey.

Who was riding it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

206mph!! Holy fuuuuuck

https://youtu.be/oSqSmEfeV1k

• Advertisement

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Who was riding it?

James Hillier, I think he misheard parade lap for qualifier lap!!

Advertisement