Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soarview Tramore

Options
  • 30-04-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just wondering would anybody know if a Soarview aerial would work up in the attic of a house in the Somerville area, Tramore. I have to set up soarview for a friend and it would make it a lot easier if the signal was strong enough to pick up in the attic instead of out on the roof. thanks. I started thread in county forum but no replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

mick111112 wrote: »
    Just wondering would anybody know if a Soarview aerial would work up in the attic of a house in the Somerville area, Tramore. I have to set up soarview for a friend and it would make it a lot easier if the signal was strong enough to pick up in the attic instead of out on the roof. thanks. I started thread in county forum but no replies.

apologies cant help you but im also interested in knowing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

It should do. What kind of aerial is it? Do you know which transmitter you need to face it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If your in direct line of transmitter with no obstructions along its route then you should be fine.

tramore%20aerial_zpsampkvh7r.jpg

http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/coverage-map/

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mick111112

Thanks for the reply lads, The aerial worked in the attic but the signal strength was only 23 % and one or two of the channels were missing so I put the aerial up on the roof. Signal strength went up to 100 % and all channels and radio channels installed. The web site for Saorview told me to put the aerial horizontal and point north east towards Mount Leinster. Well worth doing aerial 20 quid in kellihers electrical wholesalers and the picture is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Maybe it might of been worth aligning the aerial towards Gallows hill That is located in town and that might have been received from inside the attic. Its on vertical polarisation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement