Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HKC Alarm - how do I clear a tamper fault?

• 30-04-2015 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have a HKC alarm at home. I needed to disconnect my garage alarm wiring from my house to rerun the cable (very long story, involves a JCB and digging up a cable duct by mistake!) but now my alarm panel shows a Tamper fault.
    Anyone know how to reset the fault? I have the engineers code but I couldn't find a clear option in the menu.

Any help greatly appricated - I could call the alarm company but where the fun in that :D

Cheers,
    Kerb

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The fault is probably still present. Has everything been reconnected?
    What exactly is displaying when you try to set the alarm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Hey KoolKid - thanks for helping me before!

"TAMPER" and then the zone name&number of the garage I think (at work now)

All wires reconnected but now that you mention it I just reconnected them the same way (simple wire twist/tape) so I might use a small wiring block to connect them instead.
    Now, the JCB which hit them might have damaged the cable so I might try different pairs in the cable if the wiring block doesn't fix it.

So when the wires are reconnected the tamper alarm should go away?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If all connections are good the fault will clear. If you want to post a picture of the connections we can see if it is anything obvious.
    Worst case scenario, the tamper can be closed off in the panel once the zone is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Got home and dug out some Scotchlok/Jelly crimps and checked the alarm panel and sure enough the fault has cleared :)
    $_35.JPG

Thanks again for the help KoolKid!

Well done. Glad you got it going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement