Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Immune PIR

Options
  • 30-04-2015 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

I have a HKC alarm and asked the installer to fit Pyronix KX10DP pet immune PIR's
    http://www.pyronix.com/kx10dp-digital-pet-immune-pir.php

however they are just rubbish, very slow to respond and different sensitivity depending on the room, but they are all very slow to detect. In one smaller room about 10' x 10' the pir fails to detect me as a walk over and back the full width of the room.

Unfortunately HKC don't do pet immune PIR's

Can anyone recommend pet PIR's that actually work?

(My dog is 10kg so not really that big)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I'd check if the PIR has been set up properly.
    The bosch ones are quite good along with Siemens

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

Jnealon wrote: »
    I'd check if the PIR has been set up properly.
    The bosch ones are quite good along with Siemens

How would I check this?

The options are pretty basic, jumpers to adjust sensitivity i.e. auto, hi or lo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

How would I check this?

The options are pretty basic, jumpers to adjust sensitivity i.e. auto, hi or lo.

Some of the PIRs have an adjustable pot. In most cases with Pet motion detectors the bottom part of the lens is blocked out in the cover so it will only pick up an intruder at a certain height in the room. I have used the Risco pet PIRs with no issues myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

HKC do have PET pirs . They are very good. The RF pir is pet friendly. I'm almost certain the wired quad pir is pet friendly too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Evolution1 wrote: »
    HKC do have PET pirs . They are very good. The RF pir is pet friendly. I'm almost certain the wired quad pir is pet friendly too.

HKC pir is pet tolerant not a Pet Imunne Pir. I was talking to the lads at the road show and they are bring out a different Pir Lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

stuartkee wrote: »
    HKC pir is pet tolerant not a Pet Imunne Pir. I was talking to the lads at the road show and they are bring out a different Pir Lens.

I had an issue with those beams before. In their documentation and website they call it "pet immune" which it clearly isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

I had an issue with those beams before. In their documentation and website they call it "pet immune" which it clearly isn't.

If it a cat I have them working on the lower setting with no issues.
    Dogs do set them off so I have blocked the lower part of the lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

Hkc should change there wording on some of there products . So people would know exactly what they are buying & what the product can do

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

If you purchase any product and if it does not perform as the product states it can do . It is clearly false advertising & very misleading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Ive used them with no issues. You've to set them up not pointing at any stairs ect . only issue I had was when I had it facing the stairs. Moved it and hey presto . don't think we've tried it with the big dogs.

Advertisement